Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times

Advertisements

As for the 9/11 movie it was refreshing to see that someone is finally showing that this terror war didn’t start with GWB. But even if WJC had taken UBL out any one of the numerous times he could have another would have taken his place before the body was cold.

It’s naive to believe that getting one man, UBL, will some how end the terrorist threat. The terrorist mindset is that anyone who is not a Muslim is an infidel and must either convert or die. These people are taught this from birth. They cannot be reasoned with. The fact that the left thinks that all you have to do is talk and reason with them is laughable, and only confirms how out of touch with this problem they are.

The only thing that can be done is kill them before they kill us. That’s it period.

The sanitary way we are fighting them needs to stop. They know more about us than some of our leaders seem to know about them. They follow our news more than most Americans do. They know how we value life, so they hide in heavily populated areas. In order to fight them we have to go out of our way to limit the amount of collateral damage and as a result we end up losing more of our soldiers. Using our press as another weapon in their arsenal, they make sure to show on our news how many woman and children are killed because they know that Americans don’t have the stomach for it.

This type of twisted thinking has been going on for thousands of years and only in the last 40 or so years have they had the ability to finance their war against us. Until all Americans get it figured out that this isn’t going away. That our only choice is to kill them or be killed, we will continue to fight amongst ourselves instead of uniting and defeating them.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
I kind of like the midevil (sp) way of fighting, ever watch King Arthur? I think it is too easy now, I think if we fought the way they used to, people would think twice.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:18 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
I find it funny how some countries have polls that read, "Which country do you fear the most"

a) North Korea
b) Iran
c) USA
d) Israel

and most answer USA, then you see another poll "Which country would you move to in a heartbeat?" And the majority answers USA.

I'm fairly Independent but I agree that GWB isn't to blame for the whole Iraq War. There was plenty of phony intelligence, leaked information, lies, deceit, etc etc that a war seemed logical at the time. I don't support the war itself but I do support the troops that are fighting for are freedom. And yes, I do support our President. I don't agree with every move he makes but I think the American people need to have faith in their government rather than protesting against it.

Last edited by Steel Man; 09-12-2006 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Inflammatory statement

Old 09-13-2006, 12:10 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
As for the 9/11 movie it was refreshing to see that someone is finally showing that this terror war didn’t start with GWB. But even if WJC had taken UBL out any one of the numerous times he could have another would have taken his place before the body was cold.

It’s naive to believe that getting one man, UBL, will some how end the terrorist threat. The terrorist mindset is that anyone who is not a Muslim is an infidel and must either convert or die. These people are taught this from birth. They cannot be reasoned with. The fact that the left thinks that all you have to do is talk and reason with them is laughable, and only confirms how out of touch with this problem they are.

The only thing that can be done is kill them before they kill us. That’s it period.

The sanitary way we are fighting them needs to stop. They know more about us than some of our leaders seem to know about them. They follow our news more than most Americans do. They know how we value life, so they hide in heavily populated areas. In order to fight them we have to go out of our way to limit the amount of collateral damage and as a result we end up losing more of our soldiers. Using our press as another weapon in their arsenal, they make sure to show on our news how many woman and children are killed because they know that Americans don’t have the stomach for it.

This type of twisted thinking has been going on for thousands of years and only in the last 40 or so years have they had the ability to finance their war against us. Until all Americans get it figured out that this isn’t going away. That our only choice is to kill them or be killed, we will continue to fight amongst ourselves instead of uniting and defeating them.

Wow that is the truth!!! I'd give you more reps if I could but I have to spread them around first.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
I did watch it...boring. Did anyone watch what really happened on 9/11? go to loosechange.com

Does loose change tell us what documents Sandy Berger stuffed in his pants? Does it say Clinton passed up Osama?

Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies View Post
No. And the remarkable thing is we spend hundreds of billions of dollars to protect ourselves from what? An enemy that numbers only in the couple of thousands, wears pajamas and lives in caves.

And we're supposed to be a Superpower?

Magpies

More talking points please.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:24 AM

311 posts, read 618,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Wow that is the truth!!! I'd give you more reps if I could but I have to spread them around first.
Same here...except I already did last night...wish I could again!!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:53 AM

183 posts, read 1,263,323 times
There is a lot of finger pointing to be done but unfortunately it is to late.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:31 AM

246 posts, read 328,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
More talking points please.
Got a load of them. But if you're OK with our bloated military being a paper tiger, why waste ammo?

Magpies

Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,087 times
This thread is no longer discussing the TV movie, and is sliding down a slippery slope towards political bickering.

Time to close it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies