Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM

853 posts, read 968,612 times

Advertisements

"Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night!" Bette Davis (Margo Channing) in All About Eve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
"How are you my dear? I hope that life has treated you better than time has."

This is in a Cary Grant movie (which one???) and also in that Jason Alexander Duckman thing..

Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Here is some of my fave quotes:

First some from "Mildred Pierce"

Mildred: Why do you need this money so badly?

Veda: With this money I can get away from you. From you and your chickens and your pies and your kitchens and everything that smells of grease. I can get away from this shack with its cheap furniture. And this town and its dollar days, and its women that wear uniforms and its men that wear overalls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Veda: You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a lady. But you can't, because you'll never be anything but a common frump whose father lived over a grocery store and whose mother took in washing.

Mildred: Get out. Get your things out of this house before i throw them into the street and you with them. Get out before I kill you!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
A few from Almost Famous that I love..... The Lester Bangs character is especially profound in a goofy way:

Lester Bangs: What, are you like the star of your school?
William Miller: They hate me.
Lester Bangs: You'll meet them all again on their long journey to the middle

Or

Lester Bangs: The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.
William Miller: I'm glad you were home
Lester Bangs: Of course I'm at home, I'm always home..... I'm uncool!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 PM

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories." Terry McKay (Deborah Kerr) An Affair to Remember

Old 11-29-2007, 01:36 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f*cking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f*cking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing f*cking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f*cked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?" ~Trainspotting

Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
fromthe jerk with steve martin.."Well I'm gonna to go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
[picks up an ashtray]
Navin R. Johnson: And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
[walking outside]
Navin R. Johnson: And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[dog barks]
Navin R. Johnson: I don't need my dog"

Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM

"Mama says stupid is as stupid does." Forrest Gump

Old 11-29-2007, 11:51 PM

Frank Costello (played by Jack Nicholson) asks a man in his bar how his mother is and the man responds: "Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out." To which Frank Costello says: "We all are. Act accordingly." - The Departed

Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times
"After living in the dark for so long, a glimpse of the light can make you giddy. Strange thoughts come into your head, and you better think 'em. Has a special fate been calling you and you not listening? Is there a secret message right in front of you and you're not reading it? Is this your last, best chance? Are you gonna take it? Or are you goin’ to the grave with unlived lives in your veins?" -The Good Girl

"When I lived in Porpoise Spit, I used to sit in my room for hours and listen to ABBA songs. But since I've met you and moved to Sydney, I haven't listened to one Abba song. That's because my life is as good as an Abba song. It's as good as Dancing Queen." - Muriel's Wedding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies