Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Adam Sandler movies?
Like it 30 37.97%
Hate it 49 62.03%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 12:06 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times

Advertisements

His movies f'ing suck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 12:18 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Adam Sandler is one of my favorite comedic actors. I've always wished he was my dad (though it does help that my father is a scum bucket but it must be nice to be his daughter because he just seems to be a decent and funny person) I guess you have to have a very young spirit to enjoy his movies. I did not like You Don't Mess with the Zohan or Spanglish though. But despite that I don't like him as much as Jim Carrey. Bruce Almighty is one of those movies I can watch time and time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Checker View Post
Water Boy isn't as great as Gone With The Wind. PERIOD
I had to watch that movie for film class in high school and I found it very boring except for the part "frankly my dear I don't give a damn" I've never seen Water Boy though but it does seem to be a stretch to say it was better than Gone With the Wind. Gone With the Wind may not be my taste but I know it is a classic movie. I'm just not into really old movies generally except for Bedazzled.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
I prefer older movies...... People had thier own minds,could think for themselves AND COULD MAKE G00D MOVIES!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2016, 05:01 AM

326 posts, read 181,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I prefer older movies...... People had thier own minds,could think for themselves AND COULD MAKE G00D MOVIES!!!!!!

A lot of the older movies were also in good taste. Most of the Classic films were "slower". In action movies, there weren't explosions every 5 minutes . The best drama movies are the classics. Who couldn't like say..... Lawrence Of Arabia or Citizen Kane? Those were good drama's .You can call me a hater of newer cinema all you want, but I will always prefer the older cinema and the classics that were produced during the era.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:42 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
I feel like his persona is geared towards an IQ of ~45. I think my dogs may enjoy it if given the chance.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:57 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,510 times
I've never cared for Adam Sandler's movies...or Jim Carrey's, for that matter. It's the type of dumbed-down humour that I just don't like (although I do like some inane comedies, such as the Sharknado flicks; go figure).

The only Adam Sandler movie that I did enjoy, of all the ones I've seen, was a more serious film called "Reign Over Me" with Don Cheadle. Very good movie, very well done.

Adam Sandler is a quite a good actor; it's just his sense of humour that doesn't fit my style.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:00 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
I've never cared for Adam Sandler's movies...or Jim Carrey's, for that matter. It's the type of dumbed-down humour that I just don't like (although I do like some inane comedies, such as the Sharknado flicks; go figure).

The only Adam Sandler movie that I did enjoy, of all the ones I've seen, was a more serious film called "Reign Over Me" with Don Cheadle. Very good movie, very well done.

Adam Sandler is a quite a good actor; it's just his sense of humour that doesn't fit my style.
Jim Carrey is another one I dont get.. he makes me feel nervous an uneasy.. a bit like Robin Williams did..

Old 08-06-2016, 08:33 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
I don't know for an absolute fact whether or not I'd like any of his films - but they've all looked so utterly moronic that I've never been compelled to waste 90 minutes of my life finding out.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:39 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Watched the Water Boy with my grandson and hadnt the heart to tell him it was rubbish.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:30 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I enjoy his films, With the exception of Jack and Jill. He has a likeable Charisma to him, And CAN act quite well as evidenced by Punch drunk love.

And he's from Brooklyn!
Wasn't he from Manchester NH? Still I like his movies! Think only 2 or 3 movies never enjoyed from him. He directed a really good horror movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies