Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM

3,510 posts, read 6,482,732 times

Advertisements

There are strong rumors that the next Star Trek film will be called "Star Trek Into Darkness."

I still don't know who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing, except that he's the main villain.

Maybe the posters will say "Star Trek In 2 Darkness."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
There are strong rumors that the next Star Trek film will be called "Star Trek Into Darkness."

I still don't know who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing, except that he's the main villain.

Maybe the posters will say "Star Trek In 2 Darkness."
Would love to see it. It was a good movie that paid tribute to the original but made it's own style. Eric Bana was a good villain.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 PM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
I'm very excited for the movie.

But Into Darkness is a horrible title for a Star Trek movie. It sounds like a Lifetime movie of the week.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,557,780 times
I was fine with it until you said that Mark - Now that'll be my first thought every time I hear it!

I'm looking forward to the next installment, too - not even sure when the next release date (or season) is supposed to be.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm very excited for the movie.

But Into Darkness is a horrible title for a Star Trek movie. It sounds like a Lifetime movie of the week.
Like Mother, May I Sleep with Klingon?

Old 09-15-2012, 06:26 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Maybe it has something to do with a mirror universe. Like "In a mirror, darkly" Which by the way...was a pretty damn cool two parter on "Enterprise". I loved the differences between the opening songs.

original

enterprise theme - Google Search

and the alt universe

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...Cj_voCyIPspgKw

Should be them anyway. I can't access youtube at work.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:01 PM

25,804 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Please bring back the Borg! The best villians in Star Trek history!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:15 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,207,511 times
The theme fits in well with the 'reboot' post sereis books. With the universe change irevoricably by the Dominion war, its quite a dark time for the winners. The Borg stage a preemptive strike which creates massive numbers of refugees. The Federation must reliy on its allies after that for all of them to survive. The typhoon pack books introduce a new 'cold war' which now and again flashes hot.

I love the JJ Adams movie since it was truely trek, but with a much harder edge. I'm looking foreward to the next movie very much also since Benadict Camblebaugh is absolutely yummy....

I'm a trek fan from way back when and watched and fell in love with it the night it premiered, but as much as I love classic tos, it jsut doesn't fit now. No matter that it was the 60's and it was a pretty dark time, there were plenty who wanted to dream. I'm not so sure of that anymore.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM

475 posts, read 647,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
The theme fits in well with the 'reboot' post sereis books. With the universe change irevoricably by the Dominion war, its quite a dark time for the winners. The Borg stage a preemptive strike which creates massive numbers of refugees. The Federation must reliy on its allies after that for all of them to survive. The typhoon pack books introduce a new 'cold war' which now and again flashes hot.

I love the JJ Adams movie since it was truely trek, but with a much harder edge. I'm looking foreward to the next movie very much also since Benadict Camblebaugh is absolutely yummy....

I'm a trek fan from way back when and watched and fell in love with it the night it premiered, but as much as I love classic tos, it jsut doesn't fit now. No matter that it was the 60's and it was a pretty dark time, there were plenty who wanted to dream. I'm not so sure of that anymore.
And isn't that sad

Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 AM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Well, the title is apparently official enough to appear on the poster: First Poster: "Star Trek Into Darkness" | News | Dark Horizons

I still think it's a horrible title, but hopefully the movie will be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies