Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

The first time we saw The Amityville Horror I was probably about 18 I remember being scared pretty badly.

But then I saw The Exorcist and Amityville seemed like a Disney movie in comparison.

Halloween, Friday the 13th were entertaining but nothing like The Exorcist.

Jeepers Creepers is very chilling.

2nd place behind The Exorcist to me is Hostel. That is creepy and very demented. The darkest shade of human behavior. Nothing supernatural about it at all which makes it more creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
LOL. u are right. i actually was gonna add that i am catholic so ANY demon possession movie scares me. and the one that ALWAYS gets me too is the fugly make up and that other person's voice speaking.... chill to the bones.
Yes. I asked another horror maven if The Exorcist frightens him and he laughed. He didn't find it scary in the least, either. Must not be Catholic.

When I say that there is nothing in that movie that I find the least bit frightening, I'm not exaggerating.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The first time we saw The Amityville Horror I was probably about 18 I remember being scared pretty badly.

But then I saw The Exorcist and Amityville seemed like a Disney movie in comparison.

Halloween, Friday the 13th were entertaining but nothing like The Exorcist.

Jeepers Creepers is very chilling.

2nd place behind The Exorcist to me is Hostel. That is creepy and very demented. The darkest shade of human behavior. Nothing supernatural about it at all which makes it more creepy.
Hostel is what Hollywood thinks a "shocker" looks like. I'd suggest you watch the films of Takashi Miike to get an idea of what an exploration of the darker shades of human behavior look like, but I don't think you'd be able to stomach it.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
NOTHING compares to the reality-based videos/news clips on the internet..............headsaw.avi and the like.

Maybe the first time I saw The Exorcist....that was kinda scary.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 AM

318 posts, read 505,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
People who find The Exorcist terrifying invariably fall into one of two categories, many times both:

1. They are Catholic.
2. They are very easily frightened.

I've had more terrifying experiences on the toilet than that movie.
this just made me literally LOL

Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
This is a recent, interesting thread on the subject.

//www.city-data.com/forum/movie...ever-seen.html

Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
For some reason, I wasn't even freak out at all. Overrated IMHO. I thought even Evil Dead was a little creepier.

Creepiest movie for me is a korean movie "Tale of Two Sisters". Especially when that dead girl was twitching and moving around. Uhhhhh! That is just
I saw it. The movie messes with your mind more than anything wasn't all that impressed though.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
I saw part of "The Pact". I never finished it, just couldn't get into it I guess.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
D. Scott, "Funny Games", the foreign version not the U.S. version w/Naomi Watts, is similar to "The Strangers". It's really good. I enjoyed "The Strangers" too.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:44 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Haven't seen "the pact" but fro me the scariest was "Ju on" and then the american version was scary too. What was that one with the girl down the well that would creep out of the well and into your living room when you watched the tape? That was scary and the clicking noises she made, but what was worse my girlfriend at the time had long dark hair, I'm in bed and she comes in the room making that noise so like a kid I hide under the blankets, time passes and I get curious as to what she is doing so down goes the blankets and she is standing at the end of the bed with her hair over her facing swaying back and forth like that thing in the movie! I screamed like a girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies