Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,764,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
He is most likely a perverted predator, just like Roman Polanski and Michael Jackson. Yes, I think Jacko was a pedophile and a child abuser.

ITA.

Hollyweird does love its pervs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 12:10 PM

6,464 posts, read 8,152,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
My favorites are Bananas, Sleeper, Take the Money and Run and Scenes From a Mall.

Funny, I'm the only poster that is on topic.
My favorites are Crimes and Misdemeanors, Husbands and Wives, Match Point and Blue Jasmine.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:14 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,237,309 times
I watched a few of his movies years ago and was disappointed. I had heard so many things about his films, but I was unimpressed.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:15 PM

16,903 posts, read 16,060,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
My favorites are Crimes and Misdemeanors, Husbands and Wives, Match Point and Blue Jasmine.

So many funny parts! I caught all of the early films at the drive-in theater. Great memories.

He goes in to rob a bank (Take the Money and Run) and his note to the teller says, "I have a gub". LOL...
All the employees make an issue of his misspelling that was hilarious!

Funny, I just realized...I never like the word "hilarious"...but you know what? The word is very fitting for those movies.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,324,315 times
My favorite was about a man who falls in love with stepdaughter and married her.....wait a minute, that wasn't a movie. ROFL.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,159,470 times
I've only seen 3 of his films: Annie Hall, which I saw so long ago I don't even remember it, Vicky Cristina Barcelona & Blue Jasmine. I liked Vicky Cristina because I love Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz is just hot & I also liked Blue Jasmine, Cate Blanchett was fantastic in it. She made me just, I don't know, nervous watching her.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:47 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,027,972 times
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Bananas
Annie Hall
Hannah and Her Sisters
Take the Money and Run
Love and Death
Purple Rose of Cairo

Old 02-04-2014, 02:52 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,027,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Nobody would imagine that kind of sickening detail just for the fun of it. .
There are many reasons why a child might invent such a story, "fun" would probably not top the list. Child abuse is horrible, being falsely accused of child abuse is equally horrible because, as evidenced by some of the posts in this thread, there are x amount of people out there who will automatically believe it. I would guess that those who believe that Allen is guilty are more likely to come from among those who do not like his movies or politics. At the same time, some may believe him innocent because they like his movies and politics.

I pretend no special knowledge here, only Woody Allen and his daughter know the truth of the matter and they say opposite things.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:50 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,482,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
There are many reasons why a child might invent such a story, "fun" would probably not top the list. Child abuse is horrible, being falsely accused of child abuse is equally horrible because, as evidenced by some of the posts in this thread, there are x amount of people out there who will automatically believe it. I would guess that those who believe that Allen is guilty are more likely to come from among those who do not like his movies or politics. At the same time, some may believe him innocent because they like his movies and politics.

I pretend no special knowledge here, only Woody Allen and his daughter know the truth of the matter and they say opposite things.
I agree that being falsely accused would be horrible, and back when these accusations first surfaced, I would have had my doubts especially amidst all the turmoil and bitterness between Mia Farrow and Woody Allen. But rarely does a false accusation persist this long. Dylan is 28 years old now, she has nothing to by telling this, and she's not a child under the control of a vengeful, bitter mother anymore. I'm more inclined to believe he is guilty based on my own ability to reason than his movies or politics. Just as I was able to reason that Michael Jackson's two accusers had ulterior motives...one quickly settled for money, the other case that popped up suddenly after that documentary went through the court system and he was found not guilty. Weird, yes. Guilty, no. And I like R. Kelly's music as well, but I DO believe he is guilty.

I pretend no special knowledge either, just an opinion, which is really all anyone has unless they were there.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,202,323 times
I never liked Woody Allen or his films however I do like Midnight in Paris. It is a sweet film and has a bonus which is -
Woody Allen isn't in it. I think he's always been over-rated and a low life for what he did with his adoptive daughter.
Another creep, who still is making money and should have served jail time in the US, is Roman Polanski.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies