Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy is not the best Marvel movie. It is however, refreshing and entertaining.

In my opinion, Drax and Gamora were less interesting than the other three characters. They would have benefitted from a timely background story.

What is Vin Diesel's salary for saying 3-4 words per speaking opportunity. He has the easiest script to remember.
Hah, nice joke. In all seriousness Vin talked about in several interviews he was handed a binder with "I am Groot" on one-side what what that "I am groot" meant done in an entire paragraph. Because it was a lot of inflection and based on emotion, I'd say it's one of Vin's better performances.

Marvel is always known for the easter eggs and ties so I am not surprised. I noticed some but missed others. It was good but not quite in re-watch in theaters area UNLESS, I had to take a date to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Guardians has overtaken captain america as the #1 grossing movie of the year exceeding all expectations.

Still haven't seen it but may tomorrow.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Guardians has overtaken captain america as the #1 grossing movie of the year exceeding all expectations.

Still haven't seen it but may tomorrow.
Do it, it is a very fun film. Not quite the best Marvel movie but it is the blockbuster the movies need in 2014.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:22 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Do it, it is a very fun film. Not quite the best Marvel movie but it is the blockbuster the movies need in 2014.
I saw it and wasn't wowed by it.

It was good but not as great as I thought it would be.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:48 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:

Well...I didn't have any expectations and had no idea what it was about.

It exceeded in every way...LOVED IT!! Went back the next day and watched it again.

We saw in 3D on IMAX...spectacular...can't wait till the DVD comes out.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM

4 posts, read 4,805 times
I LOVED THIS MOVIE! I'm not a huge fan of comic books and what not, but this movie pleasantly surprised me. I love the soundtrack as well. I have always liked Bradley Cooper and was happy to see Chris Pratt doing something else, he's probably my favorite character on Parks and Rec, which has always been one of my favorite shows. It was also, pretty funny! All in all, fantastic movie!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:45 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
That last sentence is too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

I could never figure out why DC is failing (for the most part) at getting a lot of its characters on the big screen.
Bad business manager ?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Bad business manager ?
That and at this point cannot do any film other than a Batman well. Man of Steel was alright but wasn't quite the Iron Man DC needed to launch their cinematic universe.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:26 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Finally getting around to seeing this. Guardians has been out for over a month and there were still a good 30 people in the theater.

Great movie, I really enjoyed it. Groot is the man!

Old 09-08-2014, 07:32 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times
Quote:

More than any other movie to date it seemed like a real MARVEL comic book. With a dizzying array of characters with obscure names and complicated past relationships.

But comic books can explode with hundreds of books coming out in a year. The movie universe doesn't have that king of production, so it remains to be seen if people pay attention.

I do like super-heroes who don't take themselves too seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies