Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 10:35 AM

31,989 posts, read 34,536,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I'll admit I'm partial to The Lion King. The story, chartacres, everything. It's just my movie. But even with other Disney movies you remember at least 3-4 songs and know them by heart after awhile.
It's tough for any animated film to compete against the Lion King. Nothing beats the intro with that sunrise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C16qJ8bqXjo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 04:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think it is over-rated if you didn't get the total package. I've said if I went by the Monsters University teaser trailer of Sven and Olaf on the pond scurrying for the carrot or even the comedy tv trailers, I would have missed one of my top two Disney animated movies ever. Likewise I watched Brave and while the story behind it was good, the movie was rather slow and didn't get to the point quick enough. Frozen, the love between the two sisters was there the entire time. Elsa didn't wanna do with Anna so she wouldn't hurt her again while Anna didn't understand why Elsa blocked her out and wanted to be there for her sister. In Brave, it was a good story but it took to long to get into the meat and potatoes in my opinion (which is weird with a Pixar movie.)
I recently re-ranked Frozen lower upon further review because I have to put Lion King, Aladdin and Big Hero Six above it.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:37 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,537,719 times
I agree it was just a movie, I thought the colors with the aqua colored ice were pretty but then again the aqua colors in little mermaid were just as pretty too. I did like the song, but I wonder if the fact that the younger sister made the wrong choice in men was an interesting subpolot?

Old 09-19-2016, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
You have "Brave" in 2012 which was a pretty big hit, "Tangled" in 2010, and "The Princess and the Frog" in 2009, but none of them had really strong standout songs that make them really memorable. If you think about it, a good song or two can really carry a movie. I compare "Frozen" to the Broadway musical "Wicked", which would be nothing without the songs "Defying Gravity" or "Popular". These songs have really carried the musical.

Also, "Frozen" is big because it's the first Disney princess movie where the prince/male love interest doesn't save the princess! The girls in "Frozen" save themselves. It's all about girl power!
I do not believe in girl power obviously the prince saved Elsa and Anna from all of their nightmares by adding such a handsome and hot figure. They found someone to look up to and that is all that matters. Honestly you are just such a noob at both Disney movies and minecraft. PVP 1v1 on us.mineplex.com, I will be waiting for you my name is Retroc.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:17 AM

9 posts, read 2,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well, what ELSE is good in new movies lately?

Frozen looks so good because everything else is so bad!

I saw it for the first time on DVD the other day... it was OK but I don't have any desire to see it again. Our girls love it, but they also wore out a couple of "Barbie Princess" and "Kitten Party"movies so I'm not sure if that really counts.
i think elsa is going to be anna bridemaide when frozen came out that anna said to elsa that she want to get married that she just met hans omg if i were her i will takes times before getting married

Old 07-16-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's tough for any animated film to compete against the Lion King. Nothing beats the intro with that sunrise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C16qJ8bqXjo
on Thursday the review embargo for disney live- action for photorealistic, if we're being honest remake of the 1994 animated classic the lion king finally lifted and it's safe to say the critics are busy

Old 07-16-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I recently re-ranked Frozen lower upon further review because I have to put Lion King, Aladdin and Big Hero Six above it.
disney doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to the representation of racial miaoritices even in recent years of the 13 offical disney princesses only four are women of color. additionally these are the characters most offten excluded from merchandise princess and the frog features the first black princess but she spends most of the movies as a frog negating some of that progress frozen featured one character of color only visible during a blink- and you miss it in a moment big hero 6 takes a diffrent approach featuring perhaps the most raciany diverse cast to ever be in a disney film the film's lead hiro as well as his brother tadashi are biracial asian and white living with their caucasian aunt

Old 07-16-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I agree it was just a movie, I thought the colors with the aqua colored ice were pretty but then again the aqua colors in little mermaid were just as pretty too. I did like the song, but I wonder if the fact that the younger sister made the wrong choice in men was an interesting subpolot?
so first cutting the plot point of vanessa and replacing her with a head scratching princess singing contest was one of the most dumb, what were they actually thinking moves i have ever seen. and unnecessary as well. there was no reason why vanessa would not still work in the stage show. it seemed like they needed to tack on another song for the ensemble women to sing so they tossed that in there.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:03 AM

i like only disney princess movies

Old 07-16-2019, 08:21 AM

2,861 posts, read 1,137,456 times
I was not a fan of Frozen. About a half hour into it, I wanted to just grab a bottle of wine & sit in the corner. Ugh.
Now, the Lion King is another matter. A story line that transcends life, with fabulous cinematography.
The classics are that for a reason. Disney at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies