Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 06:10 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times

Advertisements

We have the Netflix account where they send you DVDs. My better half usually orders the movies we watch.

Obviously, the previews she watched for this one did not accurately reflect the actual movie. It is an animated movie that is an explosion of color, but not much on character empathy, and considering it is about a young girl with a vivid imagination going through an experience with her mother going away because of an illness, not knowing if she would return, should have built up more emotion.

We are in our sixties, and neither one of us has done any serious drugs in the past, but now we think we know what taking LSD must be like. I’ll even go a step further and say that we might now have some idea of what it might be like if an autistic child were given LSD. No disrespect to anyone with an autistic child is intended. This is just what I was feeling while watching the film.

If you had a difficult time watching the Transformer movies, trying to figure out who was the good guy and who was the bad guy during the fast moving fight scenes, like I did, you’ll have the same trouble with this movie. It just moves too fast to keep up with. At least the Transformer movie had a good story to tell.

I had to check the reviews on IMDB after watching it. While there are a lot of people who liked it, there were a lot who didn’t and the ratings were either high or low, with few in the middle.

If you have seen this movie and liked it, please share what it is that made this a good movie. It seemed sort of dark for children. It had a “good” ending, in that the mother came home, after the young girl got through her experience. Some kids might think her experience was a nightmare though, the way it was filmed. I would be cautious showing it to young children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 02:47 AM

735 posts, read 1,171,433 times
I saw your post a few weeks ago and was too busy to respond until now. I saw the film in theaters this past spring.

I didn't think it was a good film. The concept seemed interesting enough, but the rest was squandered potential. Not enough character interaction, character development, the villains weren't that menacing and the film took way too long to get moving.

As if the film was too dark for children. MEH. There is darker. Have you seen Kubo and the Two Strings? That is one of the darkest animated films I have ever seen. It even made me (a animation fan who is in his late forties) take notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies