Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 08:32 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I just got back from an early viewing IMAX 3D. It was great! LMAO at the person saying the preview (viewed on a 13" screen youtube video) shwoed him enough of the CGI to know it would suck? Lol no. The graphics were perfect. And trust me there were plenty of dino close ups.
I watched it on a HI-DEF 32 inch monitor in 720p. It looked like crap.

I'm sure you're the type that can't tell standard def tv from hi-def tv anyway.

Many people can't seem to tell how bad and fake cgi looks compared to an actual model. It's not just this movie, but many others that look horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 08:36 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,087 times
Saw it tonight. Liked it okay, but didn't love it. I guess I'd give it a C+ or B-. Nothing about it felt particularly novel, and the only "wow" factor was the ridiculousness of Bryce Dallas Howard spending the ENTIRE movie (running through the jungle, fighting dinosaurs) in 4-inch stiletto heels.

Last edited by Niftybergin; 06-11-2015 at 09:18 PM..

Old 06-11-2015, 08:57 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I watched it on a HI-DEF 32 inch monitor in 720p. It looked like crap.

I'm sure you're the type that can't tell standard def tv from hi-def tv anyway.

Many people can't seem to tell how bad and fake cgi looks compared to an actual model. It's not just this movie, but many others that look horrible.
Whoa man, 32" 720p? Fancy stuff..not. Your monitor is crap.

Oh you're sure about that are you? You...sure? Cause if so...you're wrong. Again. Which would explain why you're wrong about the quality of the gfx. For whatever it matters, my dad owns one of those fancy shamncy stupidly expensive 4k TVs, so I can assure you I know the difference.

Well, since you are one of the chosen people who have a magical eye for cgi I suggest you stay far away from any movie that has fantasy or sci-fi in it. I also suggest you move to Hollywood for a job, as your expertise in this field would likely earn you some dollars! Hopefully to replace that crap monitor.

Last edited by LordHelmit; 06-11-2015 at 09:07 PM..

Old 06-11-2015, 10:53 PM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
I saw it tonight.. It was OK.. Let's be honest.. This movie is really aimed at the 9 to 16 crowd.. But.. I wasn't bored sitting through it. I wouldn't give it 5 stars or say it's one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever made, but.. It wasn't junk, either.

It's always fun to sit in a movie going "Ok, that guy's gonna die shortly"... You know.. Fat security guard, the know it all a-hole.. Surprisingly..
Spoiler
The token black guy made it.

Plot.. Well.. This is no spoiler.. I mean, you know what's gonna happen.. Not much of a movie to go to a dinosaur park and NOT have the dinos run wild.. Kinda like having a movie with a time machine that doesn't break down.

I did dislike the ending.. It was like they realized "Oh, crap.. the movie is already 2 hours long.. let's wrap it up"

Old 06-12-2015, 07:10 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
Whoa man, 32" 720p? Fancy stuff..not. Your monitor is crap.

Oh you're sure about that are you? You...sure? Cause if so...you're wrong. Again. Which would explain why you're wrong about the quality of the gfx. For whatever it matters, my dad owns one of those fancy shamncy stupidly expensive 4k TVs, so I can assure you I know the difference.

Well, since you are one of the chosen people who have a magical eye for cgi I suggest you stay far away from any movie that has fantasy or sci-fi in it. I also suggest you move to Hollywood for a job, as your expertise in this field would likely earn you some dollars! Hopefully to replace that crap monitor.
lol

You're really immature. I didn't even tell you what monitor I have. Simply that I watched in a 720p download on a 32 inch screen...lol

Old 06-12-2015, 08:21 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
lol

You're really immature. I didn't even tell you what monitor I have. Simply that I watched in a 720p download on a 32 inch screen...lol
I really don't care, man. I really don't..lol. I was mostly messing with you after drinking some whiskey. Pretty unimportant either way

Old 06-12-2015, 09:14 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
Matt Zoller Seitz gives it 3 out of 4 stars over at ebert.com:

New Reviews at RogerEbert.com for the week of June 12, 2015. I get this email every week?

Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 AM

7,017 posts, read 11,307,950 times
Quote:
I really don't care, man. I really don't..lol. I was mostly messing with you after drinking some whiskey. Pretty unimportant either way
This board cracks me up. I am used to the relocation forums........different vibe. Whiskey and some pterosaur reading on tap for me tonight. Cheers!

Old 06-13-2015, 04:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was awesome!

Old 06-13-2015, 01:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
I saw it in standard (don't need 3D for live action) and it was great but the first movie was a little better. That said, still the best movie of the year. Loved the Easter eggs to the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies