Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 07:22 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,240,902 times

Advertisements

Spoiler alerts

Just watched the Notebook. The ending was all wrong. The end scene should have been the younger version of the couple in the boat together, not the older version of them deceased lying in bed together. I don't like being left with that.

Thelma and Louise. Flying over the cliff hand in hand was all wrong. They would have been able to plead their case and found innocent, or made it to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 08:47 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,238,421 times
Disagree about the Notebook ending. The film started with this elderly couple and went back and forth (past & present)
and ended with them as older adults. It was a message that people who fell in love when they were young and still can
love each other after being together for so many years....you know "til death do us part."
As for Thelma and Louise, there was talk after the film came out.....did they make it across?

There are many endings I would change (most of them were to corny, flawed or took short cuts). I just watched
"The Killer Inside Me" thinking that the bad guy would go to jail but the ending was ridiculous (won't do a spoil alert).

Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,322,931 times
Gravity: When she was emerging from the lake at the end, a crocodile should have shot from the water, grabbed her by the leg, pulled her back into the lake and deathrolled with her. It would have continued that "one-catastrophe-after-another" theme that the movie'd had going on.

Last edited by Niftybergin; 07-27-2014 at 11:21 AM..

Old 07-28-2014, 11:39 AM

22,943 posts, read 28,335,617 times
LE PACTE DES LOUPS (BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF). Most of the movie is wonderfully atmospheric, deftly plotted, beautifully shot, with great character moments full of pathos. Just brilliant. And then the last 10 minutes is a video game, complete with Baron von Bonesword.

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON. Probably the greatest werewolf movie ever made, but it is almost ruined by one of the worst endings in horror. The final 5 minutes of this movie completely betrays the brilliant set up in the rest of the movie.

THE HOWLING. The second-greatest werewolf movie ever made. Downright silly ending. Dee Wallace turns into a giant shih tzu during the evening news. The ending doesn't even make sense with the rest of the movie. Bad werewolves look like wolves, but good werewolves look cuddly? Huh...?

THE PHANTOM MENACE. If by "ending" you mean the last 45 minutes of the movie.

SUPERMAN. For the last 15 minutes of this movie to make any sense at all, you have to throw your brain out the window.

GREASE. "Throw your own identity out the window and do whatever it takes to get the man you want!" Yeah. What a great message for young girls.

PSYCHO. The last scene is an insult to the audience. We get it. No need to explain everything.

THE AVENGERS. Great spectacle no doubt. But the chitauris plan to conquer Earth was to send a bunch of guys on flying motorcycles and a couple of giant worms to disrupt Manhattan traffic and damage some buildings? And they're shocked it failed? No need for the villainous monologue. This Evil Plan is simple enough for a five year old to discount.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 AM

939 posts, read 796,964 times
Apocalypse Now. It was a good movie until the final scenes with Marlon Brando. He was a Great actor, but this role was terrible, and so was his performance.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:14 PM

214 posts, read 231,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Spoiler alerts

Just watched the Notebook. The ending was all wrong. The end scene should have been the younger version of the couple in the boat together, not the older version of them deceased lying in bed together. I don't like being left with that.

Thelma and Louise. Flying over the cliff hand in hand was all wrong. They would have been able to plead their case and found innocent, or made it to Mexico.

That movie sucked all the way around; not just the end.

The deep, profound insight that movie was not-so-subtly trying to impose: "Men bad...women good!" LOL

As far as endings I would change.

Hmm..one that comes to mind immediately just happens to be one of my favorites in the last several years: the Coen brothers' "No Country for Old Men."

I realize the movie was based on Cormac McCarthy's novel, so the Coens sort of had their hands tied insofar as the ending, but I wish that Javier Bardem's psychopathic killer, Chiguhr, hadn't gotten away alive, and also that Llewellen Moss (Josh Brolin) hadn't been killed.

Do TV series count? Because, if so, the ending of my all-time favorite series, The Sopranos, was downright criminal (no pun intended.) I felt that David Chase simply let-down his loyal viewers on that one. I wouldn't have even minded if Tony got whacked at the end; in fact, that's what I always expected would happen. But anything with a modicum of closure would've been better than a black screen!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre_Corriendo View Post
That movie sucked all the way around; not just the end.

The deep, profound insight that movie was not-so-subtly trying to impose: "Men bad...women good!" LOL

As far as endings I would change.

Hmm..one that comes to mind immediately just happens to be one of my favorites in the last several years: the Coen brothers' "No Country for Old Men."

I realize the movie was based on Cormac McCarthy's novel, so the Coens sort of had their hands tied insofar as the ending, but I wish that Javier Bardem's psychopathic killer, Chiguhr, hadn't gotten away alive, and also that Llewellen Moss (Josh Brolin) hadn't been killed.

Do TV series count? Because, if so, the ending of my all-time favorite series, The Sopranos, was downright criminal (no pun intended.) I felt that David Chase simply let-down his loyal viewers on that one. I wouldn't have even minded if Tony got whacked at the end; in fact, that's what I always expected would happen. But anything with a modicum of closure would've been better than a black screen!
Great movie. I really wanted Llewelyn to find the tracker. Who doesn't shuffle through a suitcase of money to make sure there's no tracker in it?

As far as the ending goes, Javier walking away even though he was badly injured gave him an indestructible feel.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Disagree about the Notebook ending. The film started with this elderly couple and went back and forth (past & present)
and ended with them as older adults. It was a message that people who fell in love when they were young and still can
love each other after being together for so many years....you know "til death do us part."
As for Thelma and Louise, there was talk after the film came out.....did they make it across?

There are many endings I would change (most of them were to corny, flawed or took short cuts). I just watched
"The Killer Inside Me" thinking that the bad guy would go to jail but the ending was ridiculous (won't do a spoil alert).
This is a much better way to look at it.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 AM

2,350 posts, read 1,401,623 times
Heat (1995). I know it would take away the suspenseful ending and the fact Neil disobeys his own code, but I always wanted him to keep driving with Eady to the airport. He could've paid Nate to have Waingro killed later.
Attached Thumbnails
Any endings you would change?-heatendscene.jpg  

Old 07-29-2014, 11:16 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,422,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
Gravity: When she was emerging from the lake at the end, a crocodile should have shot from the water, grabbed her by the leg, pulled her back into the lake and deathrolled with her. It would have continued that "one-catastrophe-after-another" theme that the movie'd had going on.
That would get me to watch the movie again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies