Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,573,204 times

Advertisements

SPOILER ALERT
If you haven't seen the new Star Trek movie, please don't read further. I don't want to spoil anything for you.

So, I saw it today. I have two questions.

1. Early on, there's a scene where Bones and Kirk are drinking scotch. Bones says he found it in Chekov's locker. Then they pour three glasses and toast absent friends. Was that scene filmed afterward in honor of Anton Yelchin?

2. Toward the end of the movie, Spock is going through Ambassador Spock's things, and there's a picture of the original crew. Isn't Zachary Quinto supposed to be the original Spock? Isn't this whole crew supposed to be the whole crew in their early years? What the heck did I miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,116,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
1. Early on, there's a scene where Bones and Kirk are drinking scotch. Bones says he found it in Chekov's locker. Then they pour three glasses and toast absent friends. Was that scene filmed afterward in honor of Anton Yelchin?
I was wondering the exact same thing.

But I'm not aware there were any reshoots for this movie, and Anton died after the film was completely finished.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:37 AM

45,444 posts, read 60,653,733 times
For Spock, remember the new movies are an alternate timeline so there are/were two Spock's.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:43 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,306,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
For Spock, remember the new movies are an alternate timeline so there are/were two Spock's.
Considering that they actually met in the first reboot film I would heartily concur with that.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:54 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,623,116 times
In these new movies, Nimoy is Spock Prime, the Spock we knew before 2009.

Quinto is simply called Spock, who is a much younger Spock than Spock Prime.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:03 AM

16,424 posts, read 12,525,969 times
Quote:
He died 4 weeks before the premiere. There's no way they could have filmed the scene and gotten it in the completed film that quickly.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,623,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
He died 4 weeks before the premiere. There's no way they could have filmed the scene and gotten it in the completed film that quickly.
We can't know for certain. That scene from Captain America: Civil War with Alfre Woodard and Robert Downey, Jr.? I understand it was a last-minute addition filmed roughly 4-6 weeks before the film's release. The scene with Urban and Pine could have been done very quickly.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:49 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,573,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Thank you.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,034,064 times
Quote:
Weren't they toasting to Kirk's dad?

Old 07-31-2016, 02:45 PM

16,424 posts, read 12,525,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
We can't know for certain. That scene from Captain America: Civil War with Alfre Woodard and Robert Downey, Jr.? I understand it was a last-minute addition filmed roughly 4-6 weeks before the film's release. The scene with Urban and Pine could have been done very quickly.
I haven't been able to find anything that suggests a last-minute addition to CA:CW filmed 4-6 weeks before release.

That close to release, the film has been finalized and they're working on previews and promotions. I can't imagine that they would go through all the trouble, time, and expense of getting sets and costumes out of storage, accessing all the needed equipment, hiring all the crew needed, and rearranging schedules (actors, director, producers, etc.) in order to film a very brief scene as some sort of tribute. Logistically speaking, it's highly unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies