Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,773 times

Advertisements

A lot of you will hate me for this... the absolute worst movie I ever paid to see was Titanic (God I wish I could get those 3+ hours of my life back).

To this day whenever I hear that horrific theme song I throw up a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 AM

22 posts, read 66,497 times
Son of the Mask. I swear, the movie seemed to try to be funny, but it wasn't at all. When a movie is this drawn out, long, and direction less, you know something went wrong somewhere. I still don't understand what the movie was about. It's like the creators just thought up things off the top of their heads and put it in the movie, without watching it.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
I did not go to see Titanic in the theatres (since I rarely go inside a movie house anymore), but did catch it on TV a few months ago. And it was just too hyped up by the media. But was surprised that I liked most of it. It was too sensationalistic (word?), but thought the acting was good, and I don't even like Leo! Don't think I know or remember the theme song though....

Old 02-10-2008, 09:57 PM

942 posts, read 1,392,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It is too bad that was a bad movie. Diane Lane is a very good actress. Which neighborhood was the movie filmed? I used to live in Southeast in Mt. Tabor.
The movie was filmed in various locations, I could not pinpoint the neigborhood exactly, but it was one of the nicer areas of the east side, Irvington or Laurelhurst I think. There were some fly overs of the city, I could see my apt bldg in the fly overs, and I live near the Broadway Bridge in the Pearl, and the bridge was used for some of the scenes. Either way the movie stunk as many filmed in Portland seem to be duds. I can't undersand why they they can't find a decent movie to film here. I like Diane Lane and it really amazes me she would appear in this movie.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:46 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,065 times
Game Plan was the worst movie I ever saw at a theater. Having to put up with The Rocks's fake smile just about did me in. And the fake chemistry between The Rock and the little girl ( I don't know her name) was just as nauseating. Bad movie!

Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 PM

60 posts, read 222,608 times
Monster's Ball, with Billy Bob Thorton & Halle Berry. (I think that's the correct movie title); don't mean the one with Charlize Theron.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:34 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,166 times
Bewitched and Meet Joe Black...both of them tried to put me to sleep! Although I am a Will Ferrell fan...

Old 02-17-2008, 10:10 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,253 times
Hands down - The Blair Witch Project.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Xanadu ...

Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Wow, so many. I didn't ask for my money back but I actually walked out of the following.

Feeling Minnesota (wife of the time drug me to this and we walked)
Hellboy (I'm a sucker for comic book movies, but I thought this was so bad, I left)
Nacho Libre (Ok, didn't walk out, but wanted to. The 4 others I was with didn't want to leave)
Perfume (I consider this the worst movie of all time. I'd rather watch Freddy Got Fingered over and over again)
Epic Movie
Date Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gck812 View Post
A lot of you will hate me for this... the absolute worst movie I ever paid to see was Titanic (God I wish I could get those 3+ hours of my life back).

To this day whenever I hear that horrific theme song I throw up a little.

Blasphemy! How could you not love that movie? lol It's greatness. Take out the love story and it's accurate right down to the chef on the back of the ship as it's going down. For the record, I hate that Celine Dion song too. Titanic gets a bad rap because it was so successful, so it's been popular to hate for some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies