Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:00 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mark S.;38396369]I liked Garfield, but he's already bordering on being too old. I really hate it when Hollywood expects us to believe 30 year old actors are still in high school.
[quote]

At some point Spiderman has to get older he marries Mary Jane at some point. He has to grow up. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 07:11 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
At some point Spiderman has to get older he marries Mary Jane at some point. He has to grow up. Right?
Sure. But by the third movie? No.

If I had my wish, Spidey would be a TV series. We'd get Peter's last two years of high school, then college, then round about season 6 or 7 he'd graduate and get married.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:44 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Sure. But by the third movie? No.
If I had my wish, Spidey would be a TV series. We'd get Peter's last two years of high school, then college, then round about season 6 or 7 he'd graduate and get married.
Sure by the third movie. The problem is outside of X with their mutants and the MCU with Inhumans you have to origin story a superbad and it looks like between these major events Peter was just swinging around as an untouchable vigilante.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Peter was just swinging around as an untouchable vigilante.
A perfect summing up of Spidey.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:12 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Sure by the third movie. The problem is outside of X with their mutants and the MCU with Inhumans you have to origin story a superbad and it looks like between these major events Peter was just swinging around as an untouchable vigilante.
Spider-man could be shown stopping a few Chitari and Ultrons during the time of the avenger movies. I don't need to see another origin story unless it is for Miles Morales, the Ultimate Spider-Man. Parker's was done enough with the last two Spiderman franchises and the Garfield one would still be rather fresh at five years old when the new reboot happens.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:29 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Spider-man could be shown stopping a few Chitari and Ultrons during the time of the avenger movies. I don't need to see another origin story unless it is for Miles Morales, the Ultimate Spider-Man. Parker's was done enough with the last two Spiderman franchises and the Garfield one would still be rather fresh at five years old when the new reboot happens.

This is how I see Spiderman. I personally don't like the Ultimate series, they tend to get too strange for my taste. I think Garfield is young enough it would be cool to have him come in and help the Avengers & just disappear. Have mention from time to time of him joining the Avengers team.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
You could just leave it as the Hulk where they never showed the gamma test that turned Banner into the Hulk and just talk about it. Others like Black Panther could just talk about the legend of the Panther lineage and the roots they eat. Dr. strange can have some sort of vision of his accident. Captain Marvel will prove to be different as they will need to show how they do it wheter it is related to Mar-Vell or another Kree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This is how I see Spiderman. I personally don't like the Ultimate series, they tend to get too strange for my taste. I think Garfield is young enough it would be cool to have him come in and help the Avengers & just disappear. Have mention from time to time of him joining the Avengers team.
Ive read the Morales run, it is not as abstract as most of the ultimates deal like Jessica Drew being a transexual clone of Parker and Venom being a dark Spider-Man created by Richard Parker and Edward Brock rather than a symbiote from battle world like iñ the mainstream universe. Miles stuff has been mostly normal but in the Ultimate earth.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Ive read the Morales run, it is not as abstract as most of the ultimates deal like Jessica Drew being a transexual clone of Parker and Venom being a dark Spider-Man created by Richard Parker and Edward Brock rather than a symbiote from battle world like iñ the mainstream universe. Miles stuff has been mostly normal but in the Ultimate earth.
For the first 100-120 issues, Ultimate Spider-Man was one of the best comic books ever done. But then the entire Ultimate universe really went off the rails and things got irretrievably wacky.

I have read some of the Miles Morales books and really liked them. No doubt that Bendis is one of the best writers in comics, and Miles is a great character. But Spider-Man is Peter Parker, just like Batman is Bruce Wayne and Bruce Banner is the Hulk. Keep Miles around, but he shouldn't be THE Spider-Man.

And a final nitpick: I wouldn't call Jessica a transsexual clone. All a clone is is a genetically engineered twin, and twins are often different sexes. It doesn't make either of them transsexuals. Jessica is essentially a female twin of Peter Parker, albeit one created in a laboratory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies