Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 01:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have come to a deal to include Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Marvel movies starting in Captain America: Civil War and a reboot of the Sony Spider-Man movies. The new Spider-Man movie will be released on Thor: Ragnarok's old July 28 2017 date. Due to this, Ragnarok is pushed back to November 3, pushing Black Panther to July 6, 2018, Captain Marvel back to November 2, and The Inhumans to July 12, 2019. The two Avengers: Infinity War movies are not affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 02:02 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
I'm glad Marvel has Spidey back. I'm a little nervous about how they're throwing him in.

Now if they can only get X-Men and the Fantastic Four back....

Old 02-10-2015, 02:25 PM

275 posts, read 331,950 times
Haha ^

So, are they replacing the current actor who is playing Spider-man?

Old 02-10-2015, 02:26 PM

267 posts, read 352,010 times
Yes Andrew Garfield is out

Old 02-10-2015, 02:34 PM

Is that confirmed? I've seen rumors saying yes and rumors saying no.

Marvel has been denying that this whole Sony/Spidey deal was in the works for weeks. Until they release an official casting announcement, I remain skeptical.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm glad Marvel has Spidey back. I'm a little nervous about how they're throwing him in.

Now if they can only get X-Men and the Fantastic Four back....
Fantastic Four: yes, X-Men: no. X-Men had a few crossovers over the years with Avengers like House of M, Avengers vs X-Men and Axis but mostly it was Fantastic Four and Wolverine in crossovers like Civil War, Age of Ultron and Original Sin (though the Fantastics weren't really in Original Sin.) The interesting thing is the X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy actually have a couple of crossovers between them of late.

I'm fine with the Spiderman addition. The only issue I have is how do Black Panther and as previous Captain Marvel work within the two Infinity War movies as well as Inhumans being now after Info ity War (similar to Ant Man in Phase 2 now.) I heard people complaining about curbing diversity for money but without a doubt, Spider-Man can make Iron Man and Guardians money. People forget how huge of a character Spiderman is for Marvel and that he is basically their Spider-Man/Batman character.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:39 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
I liked Andrew Garfield, but apparently he didn't do himself any favors by ignoring Sony execs at some meeting or dinner or the like.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:28 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcip View Post
Yes Andrew Garfield is out
This bites! I really like him as Spiderman. I get tired of them changing actors midstream.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Fantastic Four: yes, X-Men: no. X-Men had a few crossovers over the years with Avengers like House of M, Avengers vs X-Men and Axis but mostly it was Fantastic Four and Wolverine in crossovers like Civil War, Age of Ultron and Original Sin (though the Fantastics weren't really in Original Sin.)
The recent X-Men vs. Avengers was actually pretty good, and I'm a big fan of the old X-Men vs. Fantastic Four from back in the late '80s.

The fact is that Marvel simply understands their characters better than Fox or Sony or anyone else. They need to be in charge of their own characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
People forget how huge of a character Spiderman is for Marvel and that he is basically their Spider-Man/Batman character.
Spider-Man is the most popular super hero on the planet. No one else is even close. He completely crushes all competition.

From: SPIDER-MAN Is World's Most Profitable Superhero (And It's Not Even Close)

Old 02-11-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This bites! I really like him as Spiderman. I get tired of them changing actors midstream.
I liked Garfield, but he's already bordering on being too old. I really hate it when Hollywood expects us to believe 30 year old actors are still in high school.

Spidey really ought to be a TV series. The great appeal of Spidey is his relationships with friends, family, and villains, and there are just too many deserving of too much depth to deal with in a 2 hour movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies