Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,199,453 times

Advertisements

Loved it, slow at the start.

They trick you into 20 min of previews and another 8 min of some cartoon for Frozen!

When it finally gets into the meat of the story it is pure and uplifting and if you
are in touch with
your inner child of purity...you may cry like myself....as your soul recognizes
anything is possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 12:30 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,727,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Loved it, slow at the start.

They trick you into 20 min of previews and another 8 min of some cartoon for Frozen!

When it finally gets into the meat of the story it is pure and uplifting and if you
are in touch with
your inner child of purity...you may cry like myself....as your soul recognizes
anything is possible.
The trailers/previews aren't EXACTLY Disney's fault. Except for Inside Out and Tomorrowland. The majority of the other trailers were by competitors. The cartoons are semi-common with most Walt Disney Pictures movies whether animated or live-action. Pixar has their shorts attached ever since I think A Bug's Life, National Treasure 2 had "How to Set Up a Home Theater" (staring Goofy,) Meet the Robinsons had "Working for Peanuts" for 3-D, The Muppets had "Toy Story Toons: Small Fry", Frozen had the great "Get a Horse", the cutting edge "Paperman" was with Wreck-it Ralph, "Tangled Ever After" was partnered with the re-release of Beauty & the Beast and the cute "Feast" was most recently with Big Hero 6.

Now let me say this movie wasn't amazing but was better than the original Disney Animation Classic. It was beautifully done.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:09 AM

It was such a beautiful movie for children...with a focus on
forgiveness.....sigh...so sweet...I forgot to mention.

I want to see Tomorrowland! With George Clooney and all new young teens.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:11 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,074,140 times
An excuse to go to the movies - kids. How can you go wrong? ...

Old 03-14-2015, 10:56 AM

I forgot...Kate Blanchett and her stunning clothes were out of this world!
As more people get to see this movie...I just had to say, wow!

Old 03-14-2015, 11:04 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,727,636 times
Quote:
It was such a beautiful movie for children...with a focus on
forgiveness.....sigh...so sweet...I forgot to mention.

I want to see Tomorrowland! With George Clooney and all new young teens.
It was a PG movie though it was more for suggestive sexuality such as the cleavage shots. I would say it was a PG that is suitable for around 5 to 6 rather than 2 or so when I actually saw the original Disney Animated Classic.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:40 PM

26,580 posts, read 26,455,782 times
It got a great review here.
Review: In 'Cinderella,' goodness and fairy tale innocence rule - LA Times

Old 03-14-2015, 04:55 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,669,878 times
I don't understand why they have the wardrobe so revealing.. It's for kids.

I haven't seen it yet though, seems like a cute film. I also want to see tomorrowland to!

Old 03-14-2015, 08:13 PM

387 posts, read 585,851 times
i love how disney is recreating their classics as live action. i had low expectations for Maleficient, but it was refreshing to see the story from a different angle. will watch this.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:20 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,917,213 times
Quote:
That is why I like going to the independent theater's around here. They only show about 3 trailers before a movie. Anytime we end up going to AMC theaters, its at least 30 minutes of previews. I wish they would tone down on the previews for kid movies. I took my 3 year old nephew to see Big Hero 6 when it was in theaters, and he started to get antsy about half way through the 30 minutes of previews. He was great once the movie started (and during the short animation), but trying to keep him quiet and in his seat during the previews was not fun.

The media has been talking about that Frozen short for at least the last month now. I wouldn't really consider it a trick since it has been well publicized that it would be shown before Cinderella. I'm sure they were trying to make sure all the Frozen fans would go see Cinderella. Disney has started to do shorts before their animated movies like Pixar. I'm sure we'll be seeing more shorts before their live action movies as well now as it gives the movies extra publicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies