Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:55 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,089 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts about the movie Fatal Attraction. I thought of this because there is an "Unfaithful" thread and it's the same director Adrian Lyne. I think he is really talented, like his style he's does the layering and building with a movie, think that's what keeps the audience captivated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 05:41 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Glenn Close was incredible and should've won over Cher's mediocre performance in Moonstruck by the hugest margin.
It was absolutely creepy and amazing.Not the best movie by any means but it's sure as hell an entertaining film.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:03 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
What are your thoughts about the movie Fatal Attraction. I thought of this because there is an "Unfaithful" thread and it's the same director Adrian Lyne. I think he is really talented, like his style he's does the layering and building with a movie, think that's what keeps the audience captivated.
Great movie. The performances and tension were incredible. I have the special edition with the alternate ending that was very different from the theatrical version.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:37 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,713,486 times
I thought it worked really well. Even the child.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:33 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,228,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Great movie. The performances and tension were incredible. I have the special edition with the alternate ending that was very different from the theatrical version.
Agree. On the special addition/special features, it was Glenn Close who really wanted to play
Alex (I thought I heard or read that Ann Archer was originally considered to play Alex vs Beth).
Also, when the original was released, audiences were angry since Dan went to jail. The scene where
Dan and Alex get into a physical fight shows Dan placing down the knife with his fingerprints - important
link to his arrest (since Alex commits suicide with that knife). Love the little girl, Ellen Hamilton Latzen
was also played the daughter of Eddy in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:39 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,313,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Glenn Close was incredible and should've won over Cher's mediocre performance in Moonstruck by the hugest margin.
It was absolutely creepy and amazing.Not the best movie by any means but it's sure as hell an entertaining film.

Yep. Glenn was gypped!!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:25 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yep. Glenn was gypped!!
She was! Even the intensity in her voice on the tape she gave Dan that he was listening to while driving was creepy.

The look she gives him after the fight scene after he's walking out-Chilling! Glenn also mentioned how men she met afterward thanked her for scrapping any ideas for an affair they were going to have.

"I will not be IGNORED, Dan!"

Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,228,363 times
another good quote "It's gonna go on and on...until you face up to your responsibilities."
Does anyone think that Fatal Attraction was a slightly different take from the 1971 film "Play Misty For Me?"

Old 05-07-2014, 08:05 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,089 times
Great cast and directing You know a good movie when it seems so real. I remember seeing this in the theater and it was so intense.

The fight scene, where nothing is said. Wow, that was so intense.

If you haven't seen the directors version of this movie, it's well worth watching.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:30 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,379,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
I remember when the movie came out it created a lot controversial discussion, especially among women, as to whether the Glenn Close character deserved sympathy and whether a lot of women identified with her.
It was quite a pop culture event for it's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies