Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Meh.

I'll watch it I'm sure. Not sure if I'll watch it in the theater. This teaser was all style, no substance. Maybe that's what you want from a teaser, but I didn't like the style.

I get the impression that DC has no clue what they're doing in their movies. I suspect the execs spent a weekend watching all the Marvel flicks, then said, "Do that!" Only with no sense of direction.
Yeah it sounds like that considering we well see Justice League as a movie before we see most the members get their own movie. I think Wonder Woman is the only besides Superman who will. Not that it's a bad thing, it just opens up to issues if say Aquaman's movie bombs, if Shazam (the original Captain Marvel and not to be confused with the one who will debut in the MCU soon), and even Suicide Squad. IMO out of all the comic movies for next year, I'll likely not see Suicide Squad in theaters. It sounds interesting but I think it is happening a little too early in the universe.

I am going to see it in theater. The only Batman movie I haven't seen in theaters since I started with Batman Forever was Begins so I'll see this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 07:42 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Excited to see the new Batman, but feel they wasted this on Ben Affleck. Superman vs Batman seems a little weird, but might be entertaining enough.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:57 AM

230 posts, read 228,704 times
Let's wait and see

It could be decent or pathetic

Only time will tell

Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I guess we'll see how it turns out he might surprise us but I remember how his version of DD turned out.
Daredevil is a deep & dark as well just like Batman again we'll have to see what happens.
I don't know how much of that was directly related to Ben Affleck. The entire movie seemed to ignore the spirit of the comics. Much like the first wolverine movie; which took elements of the origin story, then mashed it all into some convoluted tale. Lol, I'm probably the only one I know who can watch that movie; but only because I've always liked Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Meh.

I'll watch it I'm sure. Not sure if I'll watch it in the theater. This teaser was all style, no substance. Maybe that's what you want from a teaser, but I didn't like the style.

I get the impression that DC has no clue what they're doing in their movies. I suspect the execs spent a weekend watching all the Marvel flicks, then said, "Do that!" Only with no sense of direction.
I concur. The biggest sequence of speech in the movie just struck me as odd:

Batman - "Do you bleed?" (or something to that effect)
Batman - "Because you will"

I know I'm being too literal, but it seems presumptuous to say that your opponent will when you're not even certain he does.

I guess it doesn't matter, I'll probably watch this in the theaters. Just not the first weekend or two. I'm not that crazy.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:34 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I don't know how much of that was directly related to Ben Affleck. The entire movie seemed to ignore the spirit of the comics. Much like the first wolverine movie; which took elements of the origin story, then mashed it all into some convoluted tale. Lol, I'm probably the only one I know who can watch that movie; but only because I've always liked Wolverine.

I know I'm being too literal, but it seems presumptuous to say that your opponent will when you're not even certain he does.

I guess it doesn't matter, I'll probably watch this in the theaters. Just not the first weekend or two. I'm not that crazy.
Batman in this seems even darker in his character then normal, And Supes appears to be a feared and distrusted outsider. I was curious about the armored mask. Batman could not beat Superman in a standard confrontation obviously. There was a part after that Batman threat that we did not see where the two were charging at each other. Maybe kryptonite armor? Batman is certainly cunning and smart enough to create something like this.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:16 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:

Wolverine other then Batman is my favorite comic. From the work go they messed up BOTH movies.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Excited to see the new Batman, but feel they wasted this on Ben Affleck. Superman vs Batman seems a little weird, but might be entertaining enough.
I think Affleck now works for the type of Batman they are looking for with this movie. It may not be the campy sixties Batman, Shumacker's Baan or Nolan's Dark Knight. This is similar to the spirit of the Burton Batman Returns and Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns where Batman is dark and angry (but about his parents.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaleWany View Post
Let's wait and see

It could be decent or pathetic

Only time will tell
Even if it is bad, it will make money. Maybe not Avengers money but much more than Green Lantern. You get the Man of Steel fans as well as Batman fans and those who always wanted to see that fight on film.

Quote:
The problem with Origins Wolverine and an extent The Wolverine was that they changed a lot from the source material in ways that didn't help the film. Deadpool was turned into a silent catchall rather than the mouthy mercenary he was to start off the film.

It is far too early to know if this will suffer that same problem.

Quote:

Yeah, that line out of context is a little hard to understand. When we see the scene with that line, we well know if it works or not.
IMO, it is that and the Alfred line about madness driving him that made the trailer. And as a Supes-hater now, the False Good graffiti was good too.
Quote:
Yeah I may do it on a Tuesday or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Batman in this seems even darker in his character then normal, And Supes appears to be a feared and distrusted outsider. I was curious about the armored mask. Batman could not beat Superman in a standard confrontation obviously. There was a part after that Batman threat that we did not see where the two were charging at each other. Maybe kryptonite armor? Batman is certainly cunning and smart enough to create something like this.
As I said, lots of Dark Knight Returns in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Wolverine other then Batman is my favorite comic. From the work go they messed up BOTH movies.
The Wolverine wasnt that bad though. The only bad Batman movie was Batman abd Robin, mainly because they casted a great Bruce Wayne but never utilized him as Bruce.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

The Wolverine wasnt that bad though. The only bad Batman movie was Batman abd Robin, mainly because they casted a great Bruce Wayne but never utilized him as Bruce.

For Two hours I watched a 150 year old immortal more or less who is a EXPERT hand to hand fighter Get his arse kicked. Every movie they have done doesn't show how intelligent or how good of a fighter he is. I'm tried of that to be honest. I think they should of started with Origin & when from there did it right for a change. So much history & stories to be told about Logan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies