Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 PM

29,484 posts, read 22,552,140 times

Advertisements

Yes I get the implications, but I agree it could have been more subtle and implied than in your face.

It really distracted from the movie and wasn't necessary.

I've always been leery of nude and sex scenes in movies. I think in a way it's for these perv screen writers and directors to get their rocks off seeing naked actresses on the set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 06:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,097,418 times
I get what you're saying.

But seeing Alicia nude.....I have no complaints.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:44 AM

11,197 posts, read 9,055,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I don't disagree with you LOL

But like Suburban Guy said, as a dude...I didn't mind the excessive nudity. lol
i enjoyed the nude scene of sonoya mizuno. She made my wang strong.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,850,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I think it was for two reasons:

1. To show that, as a robot, being "nude" in front of him means nothing to her.

Spoiler
She used it to her advantage to get Gleeson to fall in love with her and help her
I think it was entirely artistic and not gratuitous like in some sex comedy or action movie just to make it more risque.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:22 AM

13,580 posts, read 15,612,500 times
I didn't even notice the nudity.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:41 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,143,829 times
I saw this on the shelf at Wall-Mart. My first thought was to pass it by - because to me, the packaging made it look like a mixed-up ripoff of AI and I-Robot. But the Blue-Ray was sitting in a $5 bin so I didn't have much to lose. Man, am I glad I picked it up. I had the following responses...
Spoiler
  1. I hated Nathan from the beginning, what a jerk - but at the end I felt sorry for him; at the end (his end), I thought his behavior was reasonable given what he was trying to accomplish. His fatal flaw was that he under-estimated both Caleb and the robots. He knew that Ava hated him, but didn't realize that Kyoko was capable of hatred too. And he underestimated Caleb's intelligence and ability to out-fox him. BTW, that was great acting.
  2. I didn't really buy into the head-fake where it was implied that Caleb might have been a robot too.
  3. I did pick up right away that the Kyoko was a robot - from the time she entered Caleb's bedroom the first morning. Where I missed was that I actually thought that she was going to turn out to be the actually "under-cover" subject of the experiment.
  4. I didn't pick up on the fact that Ava was playing Caleb until Nathan pointed it out.
  5. Kyoko definitely hated Nathan. I thought the scene where she peeled her face to show Caleb was both her emotional outburst and her expression of defiance of Nathan.
  6. I thought the whispering was just setting the game plan for how Ava planned to kill Nathan. After all, Nathan was in great shape and Ava obviously had no special strength enhancements - in fact she seemed fragile - so wanted the help with the killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
And why leave the nice guy locked in the house?
Why leave Caleb trapped in the house?
  1. She really did not care one whit about him.
  2. She had only known one other human so probably had contempt for them all and so Caleb had no special place with her - other than being a dupe.
  3. Caleb may have been a dupe, but eventually he may have become a threat because although he was weak minded enough to fall in love and basically become her puppy dog within a week's time, Ava probably calculated that he might turn on her if she insisted on freedom while he wanted affection.
  4. Another reason to leave Caleb trapped was that he would soon die inside the house and after he was gone there would be nobody who could identify her as a robot.
  5. Still another reason to leave him where he was - is that he might have changed his mind about helping her after seeing that she murdered Nathan. Love or affection notwithstanding, he might have taken exception to the killing of a fellow human by a machine.

What I didn't get is how she planned to power herself outside of the house. She did not take anything with her for her induction charging, and I don't see how she could have been assured that the outside world could be easily adapted.

As for spoiler tags, I appreciate them no matter how old the movie, some people don't see some flicks until many years later.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 AM

3,566 posts, read 2,109,115 times
One of my Films of 2015; especially in stunning Blu Ray.

Have probably rewatched it 6 or 7 times over the last 3 or 4 months, yet there's always something new to see that you tend to miss first time round.

Great story too, terrific ending, and jaw-dropping sfx that didn't overly dominate or detract from the story itself.

The nudity I can live with I guess, but I did feel it was perhaps a little overdone and unnecessary at times

Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,320,841 times
Really enjoying this thread still! Thanks!
Went to The Danish Girl just for her ...3 of us in the theater, haha...
didn't even know the plot, now the Soundtrack is my favorite thing.
Ha, it's playing now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies