Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,140,435 times

Advertisements

Commercials. I stopped watching movies with commercial interruptions on tv long ago. I don't even bother with free hulu with commercials, and can barely stand the ones before you tube videos. There's always TCM, with no commercials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 11:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
When movies use dissonance for injuries in movies is another one I have.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,964,030 times
Not being able to understand the dialogue. Holllywoods top tier directors do not let this happen.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:11 AM

62 posts, read 65,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again...

PUT SOMETHING IN THE LUGGAGE. It is so obvious that the luggage is always empty.

Or the coffee cups. You know the kind. Like the paper cups with the plastic tops (you get at Starbucks or anywhere). They are SO OBVIOUSLY EMPTY. Ok, if you don't want to have real props bc of the mess/logistics, then can the actors, I dunno...ACT like they are holding something with weight?
I don't know why this makes me bananapants crazy. It's something so little, but it takes me right out of the world of the movie.

How about grocery bags so full, items are popping out from the top of the bag(s). Half a loaf of french bread is fully exposed, bunched carrots with leafy greens drooped over the sides are pretty common.

OK...I read this somewhere else, but I remember seeing that as well.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:11 AM

The way gifts are wrapped on the big and small screen, has made me laugh for the longest time.

Two sheets of paper are needed apparently, one for the top, one for the box itself.
I guess it saves a few seconds of screen time by not having to do all that tearing of the paper to unveil the contents, and then having to deal with the unwanted used paper?
If the box does has a ribbon and a bow on the outside, those practically slide off the box so easily, even I could do it!

In reality of course, once the box is nicely wrapped this way, all one has to do is simply lift the top portion, have a quick look-see, close it back up, and no one else is the wiser!

Gee, looking back, if only that huge gift under the Christmas tree containing a completely stocked fish tank was wrapped like that, I wouldn't have had to keep doing all that unnecessary shaking of the box on a daily basis to see if I could guess what was inside.

Who knows...they'd probably still be here 'till this day.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
Sudden slow-motion during an action scene. I can't stand it.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:07 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Those big satin bows that actually open when you pull them on lovely big cardboard boxes they always seemed to get in shops in American films...Actresses hair in the morning.. never ever looks like mine... I would frighten the dustbin men..

Old 06-29-2015, 09:21 PM

More of a chuckle than an irritation is that special L-shaped bed sheet that seems to make the rounds of nearly every film immediately following a lovemaking scene.
His half is only able to meander up to his waistline, while her side is always able to make the trek to her neck!

Old 06-30-2015, 01:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 365247 View Post
More of a chuckle than an irritation is that special L-shaped bed sheet that seems to make the rounds of nearly every film immediately following a lovemaking scene.
His half is only able to meander up to his waistline, while her side is always able to make the trek to her neck!
I never get this complaint. Do I just somehow always end up buying sheets that are larger then normal? When my SO and I are in bed, we don't need the sheet to cover us both up exactly the same. At night, I am only covered from about my knees to mid back. My SO covers up from neck to toes.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:43 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I never get this complaint. Do I just somehow always end up buying sheets that are larger then normal? When my SO and I are in bed, we don't need the sheet to cover us both up exactly the same. At night, I am only covered from about my knees to mid back. My SO covers up from neck to toes.
The question was about what we find irritating in movies, not real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies