Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 03:39 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

Pacino has three films awaiting release in the next year: Barry Levinson’s “The Humbling,” in which he plays an aging actor who has lost his magic; David Gordon Green’s “Manglehorn,” a film about an eccentric small-town locksmith; and Dan Fogelman’s “Danny Collins,” an amiable redemptive fable about a slick pop star who wants to turn his art and his lush life around. At seventy-four, Pacino sometimes asks himself, “When am I just gonna sit back and smell the golf balls?” But, with two new movies waiting in the wings (Martin Scorsese’s “The Irishman,” about the man who supposedly killed Jimmy Hoffa, and a Brian De Palma bio-pic about Joe Paterno), and a David Mamet play, “China Doll,” in the works for Broadway in 2015, the answer is not soon.

Al Pacino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 04:02 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Pacino has three films awaiting release in the next year: Barry Levinson’s “The Humbling,” in which he plays an aging actor who has lost his magic; David Gordon Green’s “Manglehorn,” a film about an eccentric small-town locksmith; and Dan Fogelman’s “Danny Collins,” an amiable redemptive fable about a slick pop star who wants to turn his art and his lush life around. At seventy-four, Pacino sometimes asks himself, “When am I just gonna sit back and smell the golf balls?” But, with two new movies waiting in the wings (Martin Scorsese’s “The Irishman,” about the man who supposedly killed Jimmy Hoffa, and a Brian De Palma bio-pic about Joe Paterno), and a David Mamet play, “China Doll,” in the works for Broadway in 2015, the answer is not soon.

Al Pacino
The first three films listed have already been release to very little fanfare.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:58 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
I love his movie "AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" -- Excellent!!

Old 06-22-2015, 10:13 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I love his movie "AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" -- Excellent!!
I have this movie on DVD. "Your Out Of Order and Your Out Of Order!" " The Whole Trial Is Out Of Order!"

One of Pacino's best movies.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:08 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Why is it that I get the feeling that none of the three of you looked at the article?

Old 06-22-2015, 04:30 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Why is it that I get the feeling that none of the three of you looked at the article?
The length of the article far exceeds my level of interest in the subject matter.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel
OK I just read it buddy,you didnt waste your time posting this....

I wish him well in his 3 movies coming up

Quote:
At that moment, Pacino was reclining in a deck chair at the far end of a wide lawn behind the house, doing business on a cell phone. Beyond him was a fenced-off swimming pool, and beyond that was what he calls “the bunker” (as in “I hunker in the bunker”), a drab beige outbuilding, where he sometimes goes to incubate his roles.
Sounds like he has an awesome setup there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies