Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 09:59 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I won't rush out & see the movie right away it's something I can wait on.

That might be a mistake, mon! Because you'll have to completely avoid the Web, lest some (major) things get spoiled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is Silver Age but done in a Dark Knight Returns look.
Which was unavoidable, because TDKR was still fresh. Nicholson's Joker was also derived from Romero's.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:46 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That might be a mistake, mon! Because you'll have to completely avoid the Web, lest some (major) things get spoiled.

I've seen two trailers for it so far & don't see this has being really good. To me Ben is going to kill any of hopes this being good. I might be surprised & it might be great.....no never mind it won't be lol.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I've seen two trailers for it so far & don't see this has being really good. To me Ben is going to kill any of hopes this being good. I might be surprised & it might be great.....no never mind it won't be lol.

That's pretty closeminded, mon! Ask yourself this: before 2008, would you have ever guessed Robert Downey, Jr. would make a good Iron Man? I bet not.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
That's pretty closeminded, mon! Ask yourself this: before 2008, would you have ever guessed Robert Downey, Jr. would make a good Iron Man? I bet not.

Yeah, considering he's always been a rich, snobby, playboy. He's been in the public eye being drunk, etc for years. If it wasn't for that then I would of guessed no. The reason I don't like Ben for Batman is not so much the obvious (his DD) but because for me at least I think of Clerks. And to be honest I have never really seen anything he's done that I have cared for other then Dogma. Someone gave me a copy of Argo which I heard was REALLY good but for I don't care to watch it.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
I'd say wait for discount theaters or a Tuesday showing then.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, considering he's always been a rich, snobby, playboy. He's been in the public eye being drunk, etc for years. If it wasn't for that then I would of guessed no. The reason I don't like Ben for Batman is not so much the obvious (his DD) but because for me at least I think of Clerks. And to be honest I have never really seen anything he's done that I have cared for other then Dogma. Someone gave me a copy of Argo which I heard was REALLY good but for I don't care to watch it.

Not a fan of the Kevin, I take it? (Was Ben even in Clerks? He had a cameo in Clerks 2.)

Funny that you mention Dogma, a movie I saw all of once, which was more than enough. And that was because of Jay Mewes. The guy had too much dialogue.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Not a fan of the Kevin, I take it? (Was Ben even in Clerks? He had a cameo in Clerks 2.)

Funny that you mention Dogma, a movie I saw all of once, which was more than enough. And that was because of Jay Mewes. The guy had too much dialogue.

I LOVE Kevin Smith movies.. well other then Mall Rats. When I say Clerks I meant Kevin Smith movies he was in most of them, if not all of them.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I LOVE Kevin Smith movies.. well other then Mall Rats. When I say Clerks I meant Kevin Smith movies he was in most of them, if not all of them.
Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Clerks 2.

Why don't you like Mallrats? I think that's one of his better ones.

Personally, I think Jeff Anderson's the best thing to come out of all his movies. Randal Graves is hilarious. Did you ever see the movie Jeff directed and stars in, Now You Know?

Old 11-28-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Clerks 2.

Why don't you like Mallrats? I think that's one of his better ones.

Personally, I think Jeff Anderson's the best thing to come out of all his movies. Randal Graves is hilarious. Did you ever see the movie Jeff directed and stars in, Now You Know?

I've been asked why I don't like Mallrats before & to be honest... I just don't it didn't have the appeal to me the others did. Chasing Amy was one of my favorites! And the rest of them are a tie. I never saw Jeff or Now You Know I'll look into them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies