Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 09:36 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
what is the premise that pits batman against superman
does one of them go rogue

why are 2 superhero's trying to eliminate each other
The Black Zero event — what the destruction stemming from the battle in and around Metropolis between Superman and Zod, Faora and Nam-el in Man of Steel has been dubbed — results in the destruction of a Wayne Enterprises building. Wayne, as in Bruce Wayne. Along with other factors, Black Zero becomes the impetus for Bruce to don the cowl as Batman again. How he tracks down Superman and confronts him is what the movie entails, but there's more to it than that (like Diana Prince, Lex Luthor, and another threat).

Quote:
is it over a woman
You mean, "Is it over a Wonder Woman?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 12:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
what is the premise that pits batman against superman
does one of them go rogue
is it over a woman

why are 2 superhero's trying to eliminate each other
It seems it is based around Superman causing too much destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The Black Zero event — what the destruction stemming from the battle in and around Metropolis between Superman and Zod, Faora and Nam-el in Man of Steel has been dubbed — results in the destruction of a Wayne Enterprises building. Wayne, as in Bruce Wayne. Along with other factors, Black Zero becomes the impetus for Bruce to don the cowl as Batman again. How he tracks down Superman and confronts him is what the movie entails, but there's more to it than that (like Diana Prince, Lex Luthor, and another threat).
I believe the destruction of the Wayne building is in Gotham rather than Metropolis and it is ambiguous if it is based around the fight between the Kryptonians or not. The only Kryptonians shown in the trailers have been Superman and the corpse of General Zod. So I wonder if it is over the Kryptonian fight or if it is another meta-human that causes the destruction of the Wayne building.

Quote:
You mean, "Is it over a Wonder Woman?"
Unless Supes is two-timing Lois Lane, I doubt it is.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:26 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,958,672 times
I had my doubts about this movie, too, until I saw the trailer and heard Batman say to Superman "do you bleed? You will."

Im sold. Cant wait to see it.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I had my doubts about this movie, too, until I saw the trailer and heard Batman say to Superman "do you bleed? You will."
That's the teaser. Did you see the full trailer, which debuted at Comic Con?

Old 08-04-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I believe the destruction of the Wayne building is in Gotham rather than Metropolis and it is ambiguous if it is based around the fight between the Kryptonians or not.
It's a Wayne Financial building. I don't think it's the Wayne Enterprises building. There have been many references to WE having a building in Metropolis as well as Gotham, which is now going to be geographically located "across the water," so to speak.

Quote:
So I wonder if it is over the Kryptonian fight or if it is another meta-human that causes the destruction of the Wayne building.
While a trailer can be cut to intentionally mislead, for all intents and purposes it appears to be the climactic Superman-Zod battle from MoS. If you watch the trailer, you see a figure zoom out of the side of the building after the heat vision rays slice it up. There was a fanmade vid that intercut parts of the footage of Zod using his heat vision with the footage of Wayne Financial being decimated.

Quote:
Unless Supes is two-timing Lois Lane, I doubt it is.
Just a subtle nod to past goings-on in the comics over the years.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It's a Wayne Financial building. I don't think it's the Wayne Enterprises building. There have been many references to WE having a building in Metropolis as well as Gotham, which is now going to be geographically located "across the water," so to speak.

While a trailer can be cut to intentionally mislead, for all intents and purposes it appears to be the climactic Superman-Zod battle from MoS. If you watch the trailer, you see a figure zoom out of the side of the building after the heat vision rays slice it up. There was a fanmade vid that intercut parts of the footage of Zod using his heat vision with the footage of Wayne Financial being decimated.
I remember the Wayne satellite and I did hear the geographical change for the DCMU but I don't know if that is the same day or not. Because unless the fight stretched to Gotham or Wayne was seeing the Metropolis office, I don't see how it could be the same fight.

Quote:
Just a subtle nod to past goings-on in the comics over the years.
True but it makes Supes far removed from the Boy Scout he has been.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:44 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,647,268 times
Well, it's a "guy" concept. Men like to watch people fighting each other all the time.

No different from King Kong vs. Godzilla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies