Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:54 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,559,817 times

Advertisements

Any comic book fans out there? If you are, you know the Fantastic Four. They launcehed the Marvel Age of comics in 1961. As you know, they new movie will be taking some serious liberties with the FF. The cast did an interview with an Atlanta DJ and were asked some questions..........it went down hill from there.

I had no problem with the question or how it was asked........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bBw...ature=youtu.be

It's funny how this PC society tries to belittle the people who ask the obvious questions on this........A 50 year-old comic book brother and sister are all of a sudden "different races" and you cant ask WHY?? "It's just a movie" is what this guy says....."Oh he's JUST a radio DJ", as if all of those "types" have no brains.....and THEN the chick on the right puts down the stererotypical "southerner" jab. People who dont have logical answers for obvious discrepancies ALWAYS resort to name calling. Yes......the DJ asked a great question. Was there an adoption? There had to be either that of a marriage between Sue's white mom and Johnny's black dad......me and my black wife just dont pop out a white child. And now we cant even ask that question? Even fiction should have a logical back story.

Why is it wrong now, to even ask the obvious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 10:22 AM

22,940 posts, read 28,331,838 times
Followed the link.

"Video does not exist."

Old 08-04-2015, 12:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,950,171 times
I heard about this. The interview was stupid, just like that Paper Towns one. As for the changes, For one, the Fantastic Four is more following the Ultimate Fantastic Four than the 616 Fantastic Four. There's differences right there with the Negative Zone (The N-Zone) causing the powers rather than cosmic radiation. The change in race was meh to me, I personally rather go full-bore with a black Sue Storm if they wanted to change the Storm family's race.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Followed the link.

"Video does not exist."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bBwOgGZ0yU

Try this video

Old 08-04-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I heard about this. The interview was stupid, just like that Paper Towns one. As for the changes, For one, the Fantastic Four is more following the Ultimate Fantastic Four than the 616 Fantastic Four. There's differences right there with the Negative Zone (The N-Zone) causing the powers rather than cosmic radiation. The change in race was meh to me, I personally rather go full-bore with a black Sue Storm if they wanted to change the Storm family's race.
Even the Ultimate version siblings were of the same race....... I'm cool with the N-Zone twist.

I agree that they should have gone all out and made Sue black too. But there's a certain amount of suspension of belief that all movies of this type will get. But simple things of biology should be explained. These are not NEW characters. That have a long rich history. I mean come on......what if a caucasian Thomas and Martha Wayne had a black son named Bruce? Dont the fans have a right to ask if he's adopted?

IJS

Old 08-04-2015, 02:06 PM

22,940 posts, read 28,331,838 times
I don't care if the Storms are black. Marvel turning Nick Fury into Samuel L. Jackson was one of the best things they've done in the past 15 years.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:52 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,633,732 times
I'm more concerned with The Thing's voice than I am with the ethnicity of any CBM character we've seen so far. They would have been better off making Ben Grimm sound like Barney (the dinosaur, not Fred Flintstone's buddy).

Old 08-04-2015, 04:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,565,572 times
I guess I'm the one to go against the grain here. I don't care about race but I do care about making said comic book movie as close to the comic as possible. Nick Fury did become black at some point in the comic if I remember right so I am OK with them making him black in the movies. Personally I don't see a problem with the D.J asking a obvious question, I'm sure more then one person has asked how this going to be believable. The movie will more then likely do good as I don't care for it I liked the first two movies.
I don't see anyone in the trailers who can make this movie worth watching. Like the new upcoming Spiderman movie for me it's going to be lame.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,950,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I guess I'm the one to go against the grain here. I don't care about race but I do care about making said comic book movie as close to the comic as possible. Nick Fury did become black at some point in the comic if I remember right so I am OK with them making him black in the movies. Personally I don't see a problem with the D.J asking a obvious question, I'm sure more then one person has asked how this going to be believable. The movie will more then likely do good as I don't care for it I liked the first two movies.
I don't see anyone in the trailers who can make this movie worth watching. Like the new upcoming Spiderman movie for me it's going to be lame.
The only known details for MCU's Spiderman is that is a Sony Picture, it is coming out in July 2017, the movie is in the MCU, the writers are the ones from Vacation and the guy playing Spiderman is a young kid, and Marisa Tomei playing Aunt May. THERE ARE NO OTHER CONFIRMED DETAILS ABOUT THE MOVIE AND YOU ARE WRITING IT OFF?

Old 08-04-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't care if the Storms are black. Marvel turning Nick Fury into Samuel L. Jackson was one of the best things they've done in the past 15 years.
It was the ultimate version.......Not really and explanation needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies