Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 04:51 PM

191 posts, read 272,941 times

Advertisements

For the most part I'm against remakes. I'm usually one of those annoying people who shakes their fist at Hollywood's remake & sequel culture. However, I figured I would take a moment to stop and temporarily embrace it.

So, are there any movies out there you wouldn't mind seeing remade? Who would you like to see involved? Any thoughts on how you would like the film to differ from the original?

My choice comes from the fact that I find a certain charm to stupid movies so I'll go with one that has a ridiculous concept. Also, I recently heard a couple of people discussing 'Ant-Man' so I guess my mind is in that "mini" state haha.

I would like to see a remake of 'The Incredible Shrinking Woman'. A film from the early 80s starring Lily Tomlin. That movie is itself a remake of 'The Incredible Shrinking Man' (which is supposedly in development for a remake). Personally I much prefer the former film over the latter so I'll go with that one. If given the right budget, the special effects would be pretty cool with this concept.

You could go in a couple different directions for this one. For a more serious take consistent with the underlying message and suspense of the original 'Shrinking Man' film, I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Julianne Moore or Keri Russell play the lead role. The problem with this though is that it would be hard to take a movie with such a ridiculous concept seriously.

For a more family oriented fantasy spin on the film more closely aligned with the Lily Tomlin version, I would like to see Taylor Swift ( a bit outside the box choice I guess) dust off her acting skills and star in this one. For better or worse, I dig Taylor Swift and I would find a bit of humor given that she is the biggest celebrity in the universe and would be playing a "miniature" role.

My favorite option though would be a comedic version starring the great Sofia Vergara. I think she would be absolutely hilarious in this type of role.

Anyway, my rant is over. I look forward to reading your movie choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 05:45 PM

347 posts, read 282,456 times
Sofia Vergara would be epic in The Incredible Shrinking Woman. She's hilarious. Taylor Swift would also be an interesting choice.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:44 PM

I definitely like the idea of the comedic version with Ms Vergara best.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:24 PM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
I'm not sure if it constitutes a "remake," but I am looking forward to seeing new The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 PM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
I'd like to see a modern day remake of "Blazing Saddles".. Just because I think it could rank up there with "The Day the Clown Cried" as the worst thing to ever be put on film. Simply because of the PC police.

In other words.. Hollywood.. Have an original effing idea for once this century.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
The Pubic Enemy can be redone but perhaps make it an illegal drug rather than alcohol.
Face/Off
True Lies
Spawn
We are getting a remake of Power Rangers in about a year and a half so that is not on my list.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Pubic Enemy can be redone but perhaps make it an illegal drug rather than alcohol.
Face/Off
True Lies
Spawn
We are getting a remake of Power Rangers in about a year and a half so that is not on my list.
I think Face/Off and True Lies would be interesting remakes for sure.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:03 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times
I would like to see a remake of The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre with Mickey Rourke playing the Bogart role.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I would like to see a remake of The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre with Mickey Rourke playing the Bogart role.
I've always liked Mickey Rourke as an actor. Solid choice.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:22 AM

347 posts, read 282,456 times
Sticking with theme from the original post on here, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids could be an interesting remake with today's special effects. I know they've been considering a remake of this for years. Though it's hard to imagine anyone else other than Rick Moranis playing Wayne Szalinski, I wouldn't mind Jack Black playing the role with Salma Hayek as his wife Dianne. Any of the actors from the sitcom The Goldbergs would be great to use in the role of the kids. Hayley Orrantia is especially talented. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see a role reversal and have someone like Sandra Bullock play the lovable, bumbling scientist role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies