Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Never been physically sick, but "The Killing Fields" really left me mentally drained to the point where I have not wanted to watch it again, despite it being a great movie.
2012's Barricade was similar in effect and annoyed me in that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Never been physically sick, but "The Killing Fields" really left me mentally drained to the point where I have not wanted to watch it again, despite it being a great movie.
Agreed .

Old 10-05-2015, 10:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
This will sound stupid, but when I took my youngest son and some of his friends to see Wreck-It Ralph in the theater, I felt like I had car-sickness. I had to leave the theater. At least I fell asleep during The Piglet Movie.

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - IMDb

The video game look, sound and feel just gave me this nauseous headache.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:55 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Saving Private Ryan made my stomach queasy... The special effects were a little too realistic for me.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:12 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
My wife got sick to her stomach watching Paranormal Activity 3 because of the vommit can technique. I just got sick because the movie sucked so bad.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:21 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Two, actually.

A Clockwork Orange.

I have tried three times to watch this movie, but I can never, ever finish it because it does literally make me feel physically ill. I hate that movie. I wish it was never made.

The Big Lebowski

I know it's going to make people shake their heads at me, but all that drinking, the mess of it all...I couldn't stand it and I actually felt sick trying to watch it. I finally had to go do something else while everyone else finished it.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Two, actually.

A Clockwork Orange.

I have tried three times to watch this movie, but I can never, ever finish it because it does literally make me feel physically ill. I hate that movie. I wish it was never made.

The Big Lebowski

I know it's going to make people shake their heads at me, but all that drinking, the mess of it all...I couldn't stand it and I actually felt sick trying to watch it. I finally had to go do something else while everyone else finished it.
I had to smile reading this because The Big Lebowski elicited the exact response in me. I hate that movie.

I also really hated Seven. Blech. I felt dirty after watching that.

A strange movie that also made me feel "unclean" was Being John Malkovich.

Some Time in April is a fantastic movie about the Rwanda genocides but it is very intense and I felt completely drained and so sad after watching it. It wasn't as "slick" as Hotel Rwanda - but in a way this made it a better movie because it was so gritty and real.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:09 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This article mentions 12 movies that made people feel ill.

Out of that list, I agree with The Exorcist and Cloverfield. Exorcist made me feel queasy watching it as a kid. I had to leave Cloverfield mid way due to the excessive shaky hand cam giving me bad motion sickness (I seriously hate that technique).

What are some movies that made you feel ill, either from the way they filmed it, or the subject material?
I don't watch gory movies but 9mm with Nicholas Cage was by far the most terrifying to me, as I was a single woman living in a new city alone.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:11 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The Big Lebowski

The part for me was right in the beginning when they had his head in that nasty toilet. Ewwwwwww

Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 PM

927 posts, read 759,117 times
You realize they're doing it on purpose. To give you a fear reaction in your brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies