Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 04:38 PM

715 posts, read 790,696 times

Advertisements

i will start with

Stuart Little 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 04:48 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
John Carter
Signs
Pacific Rim

Old 10-09-2015, 05:14 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Howard the Duck. For some odd reason I liked that movie.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:31 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
Artificial Intelligence. Easily one of the best scifi movies of the past 15 years, and arguably the best.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:07 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
I totally agree with everyone's answers so far, except for JON CARTER, which I haven't seen. STUART LITTLE, SIGNS, PACIFIC RIM, and A.I. are all great movies. And I even liked HOWARD THE DUCK. Maybe because it was so unbelievably bad it crossed the threshold into awesome.

I will add:

UNBREAKABLE (Shyamalan flick from several years ago)

WINTER'S BONE (Best Southern noir I have seen in ages.)

SUPER 8 (I don't care that it is a Thank You letter to Steven Spielberg and the Goonies. In fact, I love it even more because it is a Thank You letter to Steven Spielberg and the Goonies.)

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (Very hard to watch, but very worth it.)

FLASH GORDON (One of the greatest bad movies ever made.)

HAWK THE SLAYER (Should be watched after watching FLASH GORDON on Bad Movie Night.)

MASTER OF DISGUISE (Another great bad movie.)

Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
John Carter was pretty good just not promoted well.
My pick is a bit surprising but Fantastic Four (2015.)
I hear people tag on the entire movie but to me it was only bad after the time jump. The first two thirds of the film could have been a four, four and a half start movie with pretty good acting by everyone. It wasn't your father's or grandfather's Fantastic Four but it was building to that down the road with being a family or the Johnny Storm-Ben Grimm feud.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:02 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I totally agree with everyone's answers so far, except for JON CARTER, which I haven't seen. STUART LITTLE, SIGNS, PACIFIC RIM, and A.I. are all great movies. And I even liked HOWARD THE DUCK. Maybe because it was so unbelievably bad it crossed the threshold into awesome.

I will add:

UNBREAKABLE (Shyamalan flick from several years ago)

WINTER'S BONE (Best Southern noir I have seen in ages.)

SUPER 8 (I don't care that it is a Thank You letter to Steven Spielberg and the Goonies. In fact, I love it even more because it is a Thank You letter to Steven Spielberg and the Goonies.)

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (Very hard to watch, but very worth it.)

FLASH GORDON (One of the greatest bad movies ever made.)

HAWK THE SLAYER (Should be watched after watching FLASH GORDON on Bad Movie Night.)

MASTER OF DISGUISE (Another great bad movie.)
These are great also. There is another one I forgot to mention-An 80's Martial arts film called Gymkata. It's about a gymnast who combines acrobatics with Karate competing in a deadly obstacle course. The scene in the creepy village is alone worth the watch. So bad, it's good is almost an understatement.

Troll 2 also gets my vote. And the Rocketeer was good. It was like Iron Man lite!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:50 AM

649 posts, read 569,843 times
The Village- I guess I'm easy to fool because I was surprised by the ending. I've actually watched it a few times and enjoyed it each time. I also love Signs. Maybe I'm just blinded by my love of Joaquin Phoenix.

Open Water- This movie seems yo get a lot of hate for being boring but I thought it was terrifying and entertaining. I'm petrified of sharks and being stuck out in the ocean is my biggest fear.

The Blair Witch Project- Again, people seem to hate this movie but it's one of my all time favorites.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:24 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
And the Rocketeer was good. It was like Iron Man lite!
The Rocketeer is a fantastic flick. Very under-rated.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM

99,511 posts, read 4,489,231 times
A guilty pleasure...Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

Many horror fans hate it as there is no Michael Myers in this movie and has nothing to do with the other Halloween films.
Very creepy vibe to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies