Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 07:36 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,936,190 times

Advertisements

Allow me to say that I am a huge fan of the James Bond franchise. I also believe that Daniel Craig makes the best Bond ever....a cold blooded, athletic 007 assassin instead of a "shaken not stirred" womanizer.

Having said this....so far this installment appears to be standard James Bond fair. Have not seen or heard of anything big and new...so far. The critics at Rotten Tomatoes are giving it a 77% approval so far. Pretty good score for a Bond movie which are not the type that critics are generally overly fond of. Also....at this time, only 34 critics have weighed in.

Does anybody have noteworthy news news regarding this latest installment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 06:21 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,707,067 times
I dunno..... My favourite bond was the orginal (Mr. Connery) followed by Mr. Moore....

I do like the movie "Tommorow never dies" though (I forgot who is BOND in that one)

Old 10-31-2015, 08:45 AM

It is not a difficult role to play unless a lot of athleticism is required. Just act like the guy that many of us would like to be?

All of the Bonds have successfully portrayed the Bond persona though each lent their own peculiarities to the role. In my opinion.

I wonder who the next Bond will be. Keep hearing that Craig is going away.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:04 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,458,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I dunno..... My favourite bond was the orginal (Mr. Connery) followed by Mr. Moore....

I do like the movie "Tommorow never dies" though (I forgot who is BOND in that one)
Peirce brosnan was in tomorrow never dies

I like Daniel Craig I think his films are slightly darker and more realistic I think he's great in truth.

The next James Bond I would love tom hardy ( even tho he's a bit rough ) he's a top man

Old 10-31-2015, 01:15 PM

I think it may be Hardy. He says he could nail it. The Superman guy would be perfect but I heard that he won't do it. Bit of a conflict with being Superman....I would guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Peirce brosnan was in tomorrow never dies

I like Daniel Craig I think his films are slightly darker and more realistic I think he's great in truth.

The next James Bond I would love tom hardy ( even tho he's a bit rough ) he's a top man

Old 11-01-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I think it may be Hardy. He says he could nail it. The Superman guy would be perfect but I heard that he won't do it. Bit of a conflict with being Superman....I would guess.
He was a name of the top of my head but I would be well happy if he was in the running

^^^ is an excellent choice your one but I also thought of Philip Winchester you know him??? He's an American but plays an English fella in strike back Sgt Stonebridge.

He has a perfect great accent ( for an American lol ) and more that looks the part he's the bollox in short

Old 11-01-2015, 09:39 AM

17,720 posts, read 13,428,040 times
I want to see more of Daniel Craig as Bond myself I can't think of a decent replacement for him.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:03 PM

He is a very popular Bond. I wonder what the real story is. Perhaps this explains a bit:

http://www.insidehalton.com/whatson-...-is-important/

He is lucky he isn't complaining about the FBI/NSA/CIA...in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I want to see more of Daniel Craig as Bond myself I can't think of a decent replacement for him.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM

DC is the bollox tho 100%

Old 11-01-2015, 04:31 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,645,978 times
I like the newer Bond movies, but I think they've lost their quirkiness that the originals had. But I guess that's due to the fact that the original movies were made in the 60s and 70s.

Surprisingly enough, I thought Lazenby and Dalton made good bonds. Dalton switched the Bond movies from more comical to more serious, action packed.

Actually, I like all of the Bond actors, but for different reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies