Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 03:38 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I saw this film in a theater in 1985 and enjoyed it somewhat. So when do we get to see the rest of the adventure?
2025. It'll be tacked on the last half of "Back to the Future IV", and instead of Doc Brown we'll have ol' Remo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 11:43 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
2025. It'll be tacked on the last half of "Back to the Future IV", and instead of Doc Brown we'll have ol' Remo.
I was hoping for Rocky VIII: Rocky vs. Remo. Or Rambo VI: Final Last Blood For Sure This Time.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:43 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
I was a Huge Destroyer fan<--- The books by Warren Murphy and Richard Sapir.

As it often does, Hollywood did their own kind of Destroying by making the whole thing into a farce!

They did the same thing with another of my favorite book series, The Executioner by Don Pendleton!
They ruined that when they filmed that farce, The Punisher!
Generally, I agree though going back through memory lane, the books did have their humor parts as well. Which one was it where they had Nixon atop the Washington Monument, the point up his you know what, where they spoofed Ford with the passage about "Big Mama"? Or another time, where Remo spends a whole bunch of agency money on something so useless to indicate he is financially feeble in the mind (I think it was the book that opened up with a soon to be deceased agent who got roped into the work when he found out his degree was useless and his bride on their wedding night was a lesbian).

I would say that the books were better than the Fred Ward movie but then again, the contents of the books probably would not make it on TV (for Remo Williams:TAB was a TV pilot), such as the villain killing the hooker by slamming the statue in her face in "Slave Safari".

Of course, things vary for in that book as well, Remo "idly" talks to the villain and the villain thinks, Of course, an American agent, here to solve the mystery of the girls. (as I recall from reading the book back in the 70s)

They vary for that passage makes Remo sound like a Jonathan Hemlock (The Eiger/Loo Sanction) with the investigative skills of Quiller, maybe, and Remo is nothing like that, either in the books or in the movie.

As amoral (no loyalty to "Queen and country") killing "spies" go, Hemlock did it for money and because he was blackmailed; Joubert (Six Days of the Condor) did purely for money; I am not sure why Remo did it except possibly because it was the only way for him to live and, maybe, he got off on it to an extent.......such as when he used a can of gasoline to burn down an enemy's house, much to Chiun's disapproval.

If the last is "true", then it has to be presented in a way so he's not a psychopath.

For one or two passes, one or two movies, one can possibly get away with doing the missions just for the heck of it.....but eventually, there has to be something in it for them.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:23 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
I don't remember Remo Williams. What I'm still waiting for is the sequel to Buckaroo Banzai. WTH?

Old 12-30-2020, 04:03 PM

36 posts, read 9,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside
I saw it in the theater and I wanted my money back. Hopefully that was the last one.
Ya I remember seeing it on TV.... It didnt do much for me really..... All I remember was him swinging on a rope or a long bridge walk going over a canyon.....

I guess it didnt do well if they didnt make a sequel....

Old 12-30-2020, 07:37 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciscot View Post
Ya I remember seeing it on TV.... It didnt do much for me really..... All I remember was him swinging on a rope or a long bridge walk going over a canyon.....

I guess it didnt do well if they didnt make a sequel....
I think you're conflating the Statue of Liberty scene with the scene on the elevated log in a forest.

This movie is a cult classic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies