Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,616,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
I think you're in the minority on this. I mean, it may not be practical for them to go back and redo episodes 1-3, but I think most fans wouldn't mind a bit, especially if the writers of Rogue One are involved! There is absolutely no way they can make them worse than how they were made. Now I will agree, George Lucas's Concepts were cool. For the most part. The midichlorian part ( or however you pronounce it) really didn't have to be there.

I always thought of becoming a Jedi as persons develop to the Force religion, and honing their skills through faith, hard work in training, and a bit of giftedness. George destroyed all that and made it seem like total random biology. That writing and acting were simply god-awful. I blame it more on the writing then the actors, but the writing literally makes the actors look bad. I would welcome replacements of episodes 1-3. Not only could they get it right this time, but it would give us more Star Wars to look forward to! :-)
Not necessarily. We don't need to see little Anakin or teen Anakin again. We don't need to see Vader's origin again. I certainly don't want to revisit any aspect of those films again, especially that mind-numbingly boring pod race everyone raves about. Darth Maul was cool, but he was played by Ray Park, and I'd be surprised if we saw that type of choreography again (martial artist wielding a double-saber).

But it's best to sweep the prequels under the rug and move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 10:51 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
STAR WARS will get remade eventually. Maybe not in our lifetime. But eventually, yes. The current franchise will fizzle out, but a company like Disney will not allow a brand like STAR WARS to go sterile. When the movies start to flounder, the TV show ratings start to dive, and kids quit buying the toys, then Disney will do a reboot.

Now that I'm an adult, I would love to see a more mature take on the stories. Something much closer to ROGUE ONE or James Cameron movies than the ultra kid-friendly prequels and TV shows. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I see another STAR TREK reboot coming within the next 10-15 years (because the current movies are so bad). But STAR WARS? Probably not for a good long while.
That's already happening with Rebels. As I've noted before, Disney is creating a whole new Star Wars universe with a whole new audience without any reliance on the Skywalker Saga. And Rebels is not in any way going to be their last Star Wars universe series.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:31 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I like the current cast, and the '09 movie, with all its Star Wars-isms, is a good movie.
Agreed. It pandered a bit too much for my liking, and I still roll my eyes at the Beastie Boys in a ST movie. But all in all, not a bad movie.

Quote:
(STID sucked, Beyond is a solid entertainer, but still a "battle" film). I'd rather see another few with this cast before they start over.
STID I did not like at all. I finally got round to watching ST: Beyond a couple weeks ago and was bored throughout. It was like a half-hearted episode of Voyager. Idris Elba was totally wasted in his role.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,616,738 times
Quote:
I finally got round to watching ST: Beyond a couple weeks ago and was bored throughout. It was like a half-hearted episode of Voyager. Idris Elba was totally wasted in his role.
The visuals were killer, but the story was too simple.

I watched First Contact again last night. Imagine that baby with today's VFX!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
The visuals were killer, but the story was too simple.

I watched First Contact again last night. Imagine that baby with today's VFX!
I enjoyed most of the old ST movies up until the one where Picard was roaming planets in a dune buggy. After that, I tuned out. That scene in ST: Beyond with the motorcycle gave me flashbacks.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
They just did. It's called The Force Awakens.

Me, too, but I think Rogue One is as close as we're going to get.

I like the current cast, and the '09 movie, with all its Star Wars-isms, is a good movie. (STID sucked, Beyond is a solid entertainer, but still a "battle" film). I'd rather see another few with this cast before they start over.

The Force Awakens was basically 09 Star Trek with A New Hope's plot ...

Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
I thought Rogue One was mildly fun to watch.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:39 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
I enjoyed most of the old ST movies up until the one where Picard was roaming planets in a dune buggy. After that, I tuned out. That scene in ST: Beyond with the motorcycle gave me flashbacks.
Yeah, that scene of Picard off-roading was pretty damn stupid.

I honestly haven't liked any of the TNG films because they were all too much of a departure from the TNG television series and a little too silly.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:57 AM

"Star Wars" Future About To Be Decided - Dark Horizons

Old 01-06-2017, 08:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
So did they splice Carrie Fisher in at the end or was that a really good likeness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies