Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 09:15 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,994,263 times

Advertisements

Which 2017 movie releases did you hate or dislike as this year rolls along?

So far, I only have two. And the first one is "John Wick: Chapter Two."

And the second one is "Sleight." But I really hated "Sleight" because I thought that it was going to be something that it wasn't. And in addition to it being too graphically violent, the thing that I disliked about it the most was that his, uh, skills were basically fake. But that is no spoiler because they reveal that near the beginning of the movie. But here is the trailer, which makes it look like it's a cross between "Boyz In The Hood" and "X-Men".... and with a little bit of "Get Out" thrown in for good measure. (Although, it's not as if I liked "Get Out" all that much.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORL1d7GWoBc

Also, here is a link to a site that lists all the releases of 2017. However, keep in mind that some movies such as "Hidden Figures" were 2016 releases, but had a wider release in 2017.

2017 Release Schedule | FirstShowing.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Well, good. I'm glad that everyone has liked all the 2017 releases that they've seen so far.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:16 PM

919 posts, read 793,035 times
No, William, but these "tell me what _xxxxx_you really hate" threads are, thankfully, getting old. I mean, what value is there in looking at things in the negative way? I'm much more interested in which movies you really like.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
No, William, but these "tell me what _xxxxx_you really hate" threads are, thankfully, getting old. I mean, what value is there in looking at things in the negative way? I'm much more interested in which movies you really like.
Actually, I'm the same way. Especially when people use the word "hate" in the title like I did. However, to be honest with you, this is more of a criticism of the movie "Sleight" thread because I was so disappointed by that movie.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:01 AM

Although, I probably should have did this at first:

//www.city-data.com/forum/movie...3-sleight.html

Old 05-08-2017, 08:45 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,327,643 times
I'm very easy to please when it comes to movies. Still, every once in a while I see a movie that I strongly dislike. This year, so far, there are two on this list:

Colossal -- Walked out of the theatre with 20 minutes left to go. This is a movie centering on a bunch of alcoholics who feed off each other's dysfunction. The movie spirals down, and when it started getting violent, I left. I've spent time in relationships with alcoholics. It's a maddening, brutal, thieving existence, and I don't need to spend my R&R hours watching it on screen.

Queen of the Desert -- Boring! My god, so boring. Good raw material -- Gertrude Bell was, by all accounts, an amazing and accomplished woman. But this movie focused mostly on her failed love relationships. It was gorgeous to watch, but so incredibly dull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies