Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 12:23 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I don't know how you could possibly not know what "woke" means, but if you actually don't, just Google it.
I know what the Webster’s definition is. He just seems to use the word in some type of hipster vernacular way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 06:15 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oxy8udgWRmo

Old 08-30-2019, 01:39 PM

So apparently this is not the "final film" in the story. Cameron wants it to kick off a new trilogy.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/termina...gy-1202707063/

Quote:
“We rolled up our sleeves and started to break out the story and when we got a handle on something we looked at it as a three-film arc, so there is a greater story there to be told. If we get fortunate enough to make some money with Dark Fate we know exactly where we can go with the subsequent films.”

Old 08-31-2019, 11:22 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So apparently this is not the "final film" in the story. Cameron wants it to kick off a new trilogy.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/termina...gy-1202707063/
He probably should have started right off the ending of T2. Where is the son? How is the young girl? (Please don't tell me that she is the key to defeating Skynet). How is the new half-human/machine lady?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:54 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
They are really running low on ideas.
Cameron can make even the most beat-up franchise work one more time.

I'm sure he has some very clear ideas in his mind when he hired Arnold, and his movie won't be a repeat of any of the others at all.

It would surprise me if he was able to lure his ex-wife Linda Hamilton back to reviver her original Sarah Carter as well.

It will be a hit. All his movies are. Cameron has the touch.

Dang! I'm a prophet! I just learned Hamilton has been already signed. Cameron is serving as producer, and Tim Miller will direct Terminator: Dark Fate.

The movie will completely ignore the other 4 sequels and take off where Terminator 2, Cameron's last, ended.

And Linda looks great in the part:

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/15/...ate-interview/

Sarah Conner was always the heart of the Terminator series. She was the character who made all the choices that brought on the Terminator. All the others in the franchise forgot that.
They also forgot the other basic premise of the 2 Cameron movies; once any Terminator fails, the future changes. All of them are in one big time loop. All the others never got that figured out. The Terminator became nothing but a 2-legged Jaws.

It will be interesting to see if a young audience has seen the first 2 movies after 28 years of no Linda Hamilton in them. But if anyone has already considered that, it would be James Cameron.

While all the high-speed chases in the old flicks are now passé, the emotional wreckage that propels the characters is not. Sarah Conner was a soft young girl in the first Terminator who changed into a very tough full woman in the second. And now, that woman has lived through the time loops and their consequences for decades, protecting the only child she will ever have. Now, she's an old woman. The Terminators never age, and the just keep coming.
Has her grown son John found a mate? Could she be a Terminator? What was his life like, growing up with the hard-as-steel Sarah Conner?

That's enough for me to put down some ticket money.

Last edited by banjomike; 09-02-2019 at 01:14 PM..

Old 09-02-2019, 03:36 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Terminator Vs. Aliens. Or Terminator vs. Predator. I'd see it.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:45 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Terminator Vs. Aliens. Or Terminator vs. Predator. I'd see it.
All 3 franchises have been destroyed.

The last predator movie was awful.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:23 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
The Terminator - One of the greatest science fiction movies ever.

Terminator 2 - Lame sequel playing off of Arnold as "Good Terminator". Inclusion of annoying kid character doesn't help.

Terminator 3 - After the disappointment of #2, and seeing/hearing bad reviews, didn't bother.

Terminator 4 - Heard it was better than #3. Gave it a try. Terminated after 30 minutes.

Terminator 5 - Might go to see it. Don't have much hope for a good movie.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
The Terminator - One of the greatest science fiction movies ever.
Correct.

Quote:
Terminator 2 - Lame sequel playing off of Arnold as "Good Terminator". Inclusion of annoying kid character doesn't help.
Incorrect. T2 isn't a perfect movie, but it is a great movie. Sarah Connor in this movie is still one of the greatest action heroes of all time. Her prison break scene isn't just classic. It's iconic.

Quote:
Terminator 3 - After the disappointment of #2, and seeing/hearing bad reviews, didn't bother.
You didn't miss anything. It was not only horrible, but a betrayal of the entire theme of the first two movies.

Quote:
Terminator 4 - Heard it was better than #3. Gave it a try. Terminated after 30 minutes.
Not sure which one you mean by this. The one with Christian Bale? I haven't seen it. The remake from a few years ago? Yeah, it was bad. Not the fault of any of the actors. The script was bad.

Quote:
Terminator 5 - Might go to see it. Don't have much hope for a good movie.
I hope it will be a good movie. But I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic, given the director and the first trailers.

By the way, the TV show was surprisingly good.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:22 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Correct.

Incorrect. T2 isn't a perfect movie, but it is a great movie. Sarah Connor in this movie is still one of the greatest action heroes of all time. Her prison break scene isn't just classic. It's iconic.

You didn't miss anything. It was not only horrible, but a betrayal of the entire theme of the first two movies.

Not sure which one you mean by this. The one with Christian Bale? I haven't seen it. The remake from a few years ago? Yeah, it was bad. Not the fault of any of the actors. The script was bad.

I hope it will be a good movie. But I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic, given the director and the first trailers.

By the way, the TV show was surprisingly good.
Not incorrect, though I wouldn't characterize T2 precisely as he did. The "Good Terminator" was a good move and an interesting twist. Arnold made it work very well.

T2 does begin as a great movie and had me hooked within minutes, along with most everyone else. On first viewing, I didn't let the disappointment, boredom, and even annoyance that grew as the movie progressed impact my overall feeling very much. But on seeing a second, and then a third time, it became clear that the main source of my disappointment was Sarah Connor's transformation into an annoying b***h. It takes a lot more than that to achieve "one of the greatest action heroes of all time" stature.

I bought the DVD for the original Terminator at first opportunity. Any desire to own T2 didn't last long enough to ever make the purchase and it was because of the "new" Sarah Connor.

Last edited by CrownVic95; 09-04-2019 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Corrected spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies