Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 09:01 PM

14,641 posts, read 14,534,672 times

Advertisements

It's a shame incel politics has permeated nearly every forum on this website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 05:35 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,068,042 times
Im hearing that the T-800 is now settled down and married to a woman. How could that be possible? It would be obvious quickly that he doesnt eat, drink sleep etc and something is weird with him. And how would they possibly be intimate? I dont even want to think about it, its pure cringeworthy.

Im still going to see it. All else looks good with this film. Especially Linda being back.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:37 AM

12,299 posts, read 8,023,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Im hearing that the T-800 is now settled down and married to a woman. How could that be possible? It would be obvious quickly that he doesnt eat, drink sleep etc and something is weird with him. And how would they possibly be intimate? I dont even want to think about it, its pure cringeworthy.

Im still going to see it. All else looks good with this film. Especially Linda being back.
In the Sarah Conner Chronicles it is what they were designed to do infiltrate and they had a married terminator as well as other long term sleepers with missions more advanced than kill every Sarah Conner. In T2 we got the picture of Arnold's terminator learning an adapting to better accomplish its mission.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:07 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,214,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post

it’s explained in the movie

Old 11-02-2019, 09:40 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,954,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Very good movie
This movie is a political heaping pile of garbage. Cannot believe they suckered me again.

Old 11-02-2019, 10:23 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,651,842 times
Now that the reviews are out, the consensus seems to be that the best thing about Dark Fate is what was the worst thing about T2 - Linda Hamilton as a badass. Add to that a sprinkling of commentary on each and every tidbit of SJW political nonsense that we waste so much time on today and you have a film that would be radioactive to me if I were to walk within a hundred feet of any of its theaters.

And as if that weren't bad enough, reviewer Dana Stevens says that Hamilton's character now hates Arnold's character. I can't even believe it. Who would have thought? After all, what strong female lead today would be taken even half seriously without dragging a cargo container ship full of hate?

Even two weeks ago, I figured I'd see this film at some point down the road. Unh-unh. At least not until it's at no charge and walking out on it is simply exiting my front door for a breath of fresh air.

Last edited by CrownVic95; 11-02-2019 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-03-2019, 12:53 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,214,780 times
I’m sad to hear that it’s bombing at box office.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:36 AM

735 posts, read 1,163,676 times
I saw it last night and the minute I walked in the theater I noticed something was wrong. NO ONE WAS THERE! I heard some crickets and even saw a couple of tumbleweeds rolling by.

I thought it was an ok movie until I checked out some reviews on youtube and found out why the fan base sat this one out. After listening to the blistering opinions I agree with them. This film is to the Terminator franchise what Alien 3 was to Aliens.

It is a rehash of plots from previous Terminator films and suffers from the identity politics and the female wokeness that we are seeing in our entertainment these days.

One youtuber I follow actually analyzed the previous films in the franchise reflecting on how the last three films did not live up to the first two and how the current one misses the mark in so many regards and you know what, I agree with him.

I am hearing that this is going to leave a deep crater at the box office so deep that it is going to end the franchise.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:38 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,092,462 times
The commercials for the movie look terrible to me and Linda's voice on it makes me cringe. She sounds like she's acting.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:40 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,092,462 times
The commercials for the movie look terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies