Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 06:40 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not going to happen. Mainly because Fox is making money on X-Men.
I agree, except that I would amend that to: Not going to happen anytime soon.

The X-movies are still successful. Once that is no longer the case ... ? The House of Mouse has very deep pockets. I suspect it's only a matter of time before all the Marvel-related film rights are again owned by Marvel. Whether that is 15 or 50 years from now is anyone's guess.

But yeah, I too would love to see all of the Marvel characters in the same film universe. But with the X-Men in particular --- but also with other characters like the FF --- what are you going to do with their roots in WWII? If Magneto really was in the Death Camps --- even if it was in the late 40s and he was a little kid --- then in our modern era, that puts him in his late 70s or 80s. Are we ready for geriatric super heroes?

I suspect not, which means all these characters will get a major reboot, much like Marvel did in the comics with it's Ultimate Universe, which was very hit and miss. Ultimate Spider-Man is still one of my all-time favorite comic books. Ultimate X-Men veered all over the road from awful to awesome. The Ultimates was simply The Authority characters cosplaying as Marvel; blech. Ultimate FF was bad.

But honestly, the one comic book movie in the works that actually has me excited as opposed to wait and see? This:

Old 06-30-2017, 07:12 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

The X-movies are still successful. Once that is no longer the case ... ? The House of Mouse has very deep pockets. I suspect it's only a matter of time before all the Marvel-related film rights are again owned by Marvel. Whether that is 15 or 50 years from now is anyone's guess.

But yeah, I too would love to see all of the Marvel characters in the same film universe. But with the X-Men in particular --- but also with other characters like the FF --- what are you going to do with their roots in WWII? If Magneto really was in the Death Camps --- even if it was in the late 40s and he was a little kid --- then in our modern era, that puts him in his late 70s or 80s. Are we ready for geriatric super heroes?

I suspect not, which means all these characters will get a major reboot, much like Marvel did in the comics with it's Ultimate Universe, which was very hit and miss. Ultimate Spider-Man is still one of my all-time favorite comic books. Ultimate X-Men veered all over the road from awful to awesome. The Ultimates was simply The Authority characters cosplaying as Marvel; blech. Ultimate FF was bad.

My only guess is that if you want to integrate them into the MCU as it currently stands where the age of public super beings didn't start until the Hulk and Iron-Man emerged is that WWII as the origin point has to go. Just as Tony Stark moved from Vietnam to Afghanistan. Ant-Man being super secret SHIELD agent in the 80s was easy because of his power set.

Politically the Nazis were the easy villain, for a while we had apartheid era South Africans for the evil movie setting. Serbians perhaps Albanians or Romanians maybe Cambodian or North Korean with an ethnicity shift might serve as the tormentor of a young Erik/Max Magneto.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
My only guess is that if you want to integrate them into the MCU as it currently stands where the age of public super beings didn't start until the Hulk and Iron-Man emerged is that WWII as the origin point has to go. Just as Tony Stark moved from Vietnam to Afghanistan. Ant-Man being super secret SHIELD agent in the 80s was easy because of his power set.

Politically the Nazis were the easy villain, for a while we had apartheid era South Africans for the evil movie setting. Serbians perhaps Albanians or Romanians maybe Cambodian or North Korean with an ethnicity shift might serve as the tormentor of a young Erik/Max Magneto.
If the X-Men are brought back into the fold, maybe just maybe Erik Magnus is a first generation of post Holocaust Jewish people in Israel. That is my best guess.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:36 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
If the X-Men are brought back into the fold, maybe just maybe Erik Magnus is a first generation of post Holocaust Jewish people in Israel. That is my best guess.
Dolph Lundgren would be a great Magneto. Ian Mckellen was a horrible casting.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:04 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Dolph Lundgren would be a great Magneto. Ian Mckellen was a horrible casting.
Too Scandinavian. I always thought Stephen Lang would be perfect, white hair and all.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
DC dropped virtually every movie past Aquaman as well as The Flash. No news on what they will do at Comic-Con or not. There has been little to any details of their upcoming slate in the past few months. Like say when Rick Famuyiwa was removed. All there is fan speculation of Robert Zemeckis coming on board or Phil Lord and Chris Miller returning.
Cyborg is still on for 2020, as confirmed by Ray Fisher. Green Lantern Corps is, too.

I think we'll get a revised slate next month.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Sony and especially Fox aren't letting theirs go. They'll just "share" them. Fox has just had two hits, with Deadpool and Logan. Sony hasn't has a legit hit since Raimi's Spider-Man movies. Yeah, ASM and ASM2 grossed quite a bit, but they didn't net zip.

If all of Marvel's characters do eventually converge in the MCU, Sony and Fox will be taking their slices. And that won't be a small pie.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Cyborg is still on for 2020, as confirmed by Ray Fisher. Green Lantern Corps is, too.

I think we'll get a revised slate next month.
I haven't heard much about either movie. For the longest time Cyborg was rumored to be replaced by Teen Titans.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:40 PM

The first concrete bit of news about Captain Marvel in some time. Remember what I said about other characters helping out?

https://superbromovies.com/2017/07/0...aptain-marvel/

Quote:
...Samuel L. Jackson is set to reprise his role as super spy Nick Fury in ‘Captain Marvel’.

It was a rumor a few months ago that Fury may appear in the Brie Larson led flick but it wasn’t anything concrete. This report adds fuel to that fire, meaning we could see Fury in back to back years in the MCU as he is set to appear in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ in 2018. We haven’t seen Fury since his role in ‘Age of Ultron’ in 2015.

The connection that we can make between Fury and Carol Danvers is her military background. Danvers is an Air Force pilot who develops superhuman abilities, a specific situation that Fury has had some experience with.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The first concrete bit of news about Captain Marvel in some time. Remember what I said about other characters helping out?

https://superbromovies.com/2017/07/0...aptain-marvel/
That's an interesting, I like the sounds of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies