Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 07:31 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

So apparently DC is doing another "team up" movie for characters they have yet to establish. Did they learn nothing from JUSTICE LEAGUE???

https://deadline.com/2018/09/birds-o...re-1202468714/

Old 09-21-2018, 09:48 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So apparently DC is doing another "team up" movie for characters they have yet to establish. Did they learn nothing from JUSTICE LEAGUE???

https://deadline.com/2018/09/birds-o...re-1202468714/
That's the Birds of Prey movie that's been in production for a while. You forgot already? Remember, Black Mask is the antagonist. We're going to get a film with Black Canary and Huntress. That's awesome. It starts filming this January.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Can we not have at least one good FF movie before we're buried in mutants again?
I don't know. The Fantastic Four just don't excite me. They're the most vanilla super-team out there. The Thing is the guy I dig. It would be cool to see The Thing and Hulk brawl like there's no tomorrow, but I don't think we need a new original film for them. And you just know Tony Stark will have forty minutes of screen time.

They won't do it, but I'd love to see the New Defenders. They were quite the motley crew.

And more than anything, right now, I want to see more of Kirby's Fourth World/New Gods, and Batman & The Outsiders.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's the Birds of Prey movie that's been in production for a while. You forgot already? Remember, Black Mask is the antagonist. We're going to get a film with Black Canary and Huntress. That's awesome. It starts filming this January.
And Cassandra Cain (Batgirl?). So that is 4 characters they have thrown into a team movie without establishing a single one of them. And bringing back the icky Harley Quinn by the criminally misused Margot Robbie.

So I ask again: Did they learn nothing from JUSTICE LEAGUE???

Executive Assistant: "So we put together an unestablished Batman with an unestablished Wonder Woman with a new Aquaman that no one knew and a new Flash that no one knew and a new Cyborg that most non-nerds have never even heard of, and it didn't work. So we shouldn't do that again."

Executive: "You're right! Just make them all women this time. That'll fix it!"

Executive Assistant:

Old 09-21-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I don't know. The Fantastic Four just don't excite me. They're the most vanilla super-team out there.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
And Cassandra Cain (Batgirl?). So that is 4 characters they have thrown into a team movie without establishing a single one of them. And bringing back the icky Harley Quinn by the criminally misused Margot Robbie.
Black Canary, Huntress and (especially) Poison Ivy don't need solo films up-front. Their being components of the Bat Family will suffice. Another Harley Quinn-centric film is also still planned, according to Margot. The first draft for Suicide Squad 2 has been turned in, too.

It's like expecting all the Guardians or all the X-mutants to get solo films before the team film. Not necessary.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Black Canary, Huntress and (especially) Poison Ivy don't need solo films up-front.
What Batfamily? The DC movieverse hasn't given us one. Batman only exists in this world as an antagonist and eventual sidekick for Superman. Beyond Alfred, he has no family, because the movies haven't given us a reason to care about him. He just exists to punch and blow things up.

Quote:
It's like expecting all the Guardians or all the X-mutants to get solo films before the team film. Not necessary.
Marvel has demonstrated that they know how to do superhero team movies --- albeit with varying results, I'll grant you. DC --- at least so far --- has demonstrated the opposite. They have done two: BvS and Justice League, which were both terribibble.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
What Batfamily? The DC movieverse hasn't given us one. Batman only exists in this world as an antagonist and eventual sidekick for Superman. Beyond Alfred, he has no family, because the movies haven't given us a reason to care about him. He just exists to punch and blow things up.
The Bat[man] Family is what it's been known as in the comics since the Golden Age. It will be known as that, officially or unofficially, in the film universe.

Batman Family | DC Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia

In Iron Man's post-credits scene, you heard Nick Fury intone "The Avenger Initiative." That's all you needed to know there would be an "Avengers," four whole years before there would be an Avengers (and they weren't really the Avengers until the end of the film).

Old 09-21-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
The Bat[man] Family is what it's been known as in the comics since the Golden Age. It will be known as that, officially or unofficially, in the film universe.
My point precisely. The movies haven't shown any of that. If a movie requires you to do homework in order to understand the movie, then the movie has failed.

I know who Cassandra Cain is. (The best Batgirl, by the way.) I know who Black Canary is. And the Huntress. Moviegoers don't. So DC will likely just cast some gorgeous models, put them in tight outfits, then have a bunch of chases and explosions and special effects and call it good. The Batfamily deserves better.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:42 PM

Sure.

"They call themselves the 'Guardians of the Galaxy."

"What a bunch of a-holes."

I didn't hear of moviegoers complaining.

Batman and company have the advantage over a bunch of no-names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies