Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 05:30 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Not the same, sorry.
No, but you have admit that they are going to butcher the comic story line, and with no Wolverine too take her out the story is already lost.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:07 AM

512 posts, read 319,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
No, but you have admit that they are going to butcher the comic story line, and with no Wolverine too take her out the story is already lost.
Why does Wolverine have to be the one to take her out? He is not the only mutant who has a healing factor. He is not even the only mutant powerful enough to stop her.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:10 AM

512 posts, read 319,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Good casting, and I'm glad to hear they're going with the Mafia family Huntress.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/b...ad-1202958570/

‘Birds of Prey’ Adds Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Black Canary and Huntress
This gives me hope that maybe the DCEU can get back into [good] shape. Hmm, come to think about it....after the commercial and critical success of Wonder Woman, if Birds of Prey is also an unqualified hit, maybe DC/WB should just focus on their awesome female characters.
I would definitely have no problem with that (I'd rather see that than yet another film about *yawn* Batman and/or Superman...)

Old 09-27-2018, 06:23 AM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Even worse IMO. A really young Jean Grey and Cyclops. This is probably the worse Xmen series. Apocalypse was horrible and that is one of the ultimate bad guys for the X-Men.
X-Men: Apocalypse was indeed horrible. One of the worst comic book movies yet. Just dreck.

That said, I'm not one of those people that thinks the movies have to do everything exactly like the comics. It's not only okay but it is necessary to adapt a comic book from the '60s or '70s into a movie for the 21st century. THE DARK PHOENIX Saga was indeed a great storyline, but go back and read it. It is really dated in many ways. A literal movie adaptation of it would bomb, because it wouldn't be a very good movie. Not only have times changed, but a lot of the pathos in the comic was built up over years and years of comics. You can't cram all that into a 2 hour movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
They should just can this movie so Marvel/Disney can do it right.
I do hope Marvel movies will just stop and do a complete and total reboot very soon. Downey, brilliant as he has been, is past his sell-by date. Chris Evans is done. The movies have totally screwed up the Hulk. Now that Marvel has the FF and X-Men back and kinda/sorta have Spidey back, they just do a complete and total re-do, finally building the Marvel super hero world onscreen that should have always been.

But it should be different that their movies of the past 10+ years. Don't just recast and do the same stories in the same tone all over again.

And for the love all that is holy and special about these characters, don't let Joss Whedon or Bryan Singer within a million miles of any of it.

My Marvel movie dream team would include names like:

Brad Bird
Paul Dini (not gonna happen, but a guy can dream)
Michael Chabon
Taylor Sheridan
Vince Gilligan (if you're gonna dream, dream big)
Kathryn Bigelow
Guillermo del Toro
Niki Caro
Graham Yost
Jordan Peele

Old 09-27-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramasfella View Post

Why does Wolverine have to be the one to take her out? He is not the only mutant who has a healing factor. He is not even the only mutant powerful enough to stop her.
In the comics Logan killed her repeatedly no one could get close enough too her and her power kept everyone else away.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:40 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,596,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It won't follow Claremont's storyline because, well, they're not in outer space. There are no Sh'iar, no Brood, none of that in Fox's X-verse. They didn't have time to get to it, and now Marvel will handle all of that.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:42 AM

I like the trailer. Sue me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Fwhb-p1sQ

Old 09-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
It won't follow Claremont's storyline because, well, they're not in outer space. There are no Sh'iar, no Brood, none of that in Fox's X-verse. They didn't have time to get to it, and now Marvel will handle all of that.
Sadly you’re right.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:33 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,042,127 times
Quote:
First Class is far and away better than anything directed by Singer (or Ratner, since he was brought in to cover The Last Stand).

That's the problem: Singer came back.

Jokes! Wheel in the jokes! Stack 'em over there! JOKES!
X-Men 1 and 2 were ok. X-Men 3 was a disaster.

First Class was a joke. Mystique as the lead of the Xmen, (FAIL!)

Xmen Days of Future Past was ehh. (again Mystique killed it for me. Jlaw is no Rebbeca Romin Stamos. She was tall and resemble the physique of Mystique.

Xmen Apocalypse was a holy turd

Old 09-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Think of Civil War. That should have involved many more characters and a different catalyst.

The same applies to Infinity War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.