Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,588,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderlex View Post
I really like his range, he can do well in pretty much any genre whether it's comedy, drama, action, etc. There aren't that many actors that you can see in a movie like Ted and then also in something like Deepwater Horizon. Personally I'm a fan of his comedies and dramas, I loved The Gambler and Daddy's Home for example.
I agree he has range. Not sure why some feel he always plays the same role. Maybe not seen all his movies?
And in Lone Survivor he disappears into the role, which is what the best actors do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 PM

29,527 posts, read 22,704,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
Can't stand the guy...he acts the same in the all of his movies...and he comes across to me as a fake who is pushing "I'm a good guy now" attitude too much nowadays.
He is a racist and he seriously injured people because of his racist behavior. If he would just stop making excuses for what he has done and maybe make it known that he has given money to his victims voluntarily, then it might change my opinion about him.
Agreed.

I bet those who think this is humorous or a non issue, wouldn't be taking such a light tone if marky mark was accused of heinous crimes committed against their 'group.'

Imagine if some black actor was found to have been a member of BLM and accused of vicious hate crimes, I bet these same people gushing over marky mark would then be screaming for their heads.

Utter hypocrisy.

And by the way, this thread is titled, how do you feel about mark wahlberg. And all opinions are fair game.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Agreed.

I bet those who think this is humorous or a non issue, wouldn't be taking such a light tone if marky mark was accused of heinous crimes committed against their 'group.'

Imagine if some black actor was found to have been a member of BLM and accused of vicious hate crimes, I bet these same people gushing over marky mark would then be screaming for their heads.

Utter hypocrisy.

And by the way, this thread is titled, how do you feel about mark wahlberg. And all opinions are fair game.
I don't know what the rule would be regarding this on this forum, but it seems that we have a thread on his crimes in the proper section and this is about his acting. This is the entertainment section, not politics and controversies.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:23 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,039,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I agree he has range. Not sure why some feel he always plays the same role. Maybe not seen all his movies?
And in Lone Survivor he disappears into the role, which is what the best actors do.
While I haven't seen all of his movies, I have seen most of them. I just can't figure out how people think he has range. It always seems like he plays the same character... I tan guy from Boston... which is basically Mark Wahlberg. You are right, the best actors are those who can disappear into a role. I've just never seen a movie of his and felt I was watching anyone else but Marky Mark.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
I loved Deepwater Horizon. It seemed very realistically done and I thought his acting was spot on. Same with Lone Survivor. Those are my two favorites of his movies.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:50 AM

919 posts, read 790,768 times
Quote:
I don't know what the rule would be regarding this on this forum, but it seems that we have a thread on his crimes in the proper section and this is about his acting. This is the entertainment section, not politics and controversies.
Boy I do wish that there was such a rule jencam. Unfortunately, though I've given up reading the politics or current events sections, there seemes to be no moderation applied to keep the other sections on topic so you can have a polite conversation. It's a shame but it appears that CD thinks it's OK
Dave

Old 07-09-2017, 08:52 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,626,036 times
I think he was good in The Departed. Other than that, I don't really have any thoughts about him.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,989,805 times
Quote:
It's fine, jencam. Because if you recall, I had mentioned in the OP that he had a dark past. Also, I was curious as to whether or not anyone thought that Mark Wahlberg might have had any type of impact of the otherwise lucrative Transformers movies that he's been in.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:40 PM

I forgot about FEAR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2AlffKozbg

Old 07-09-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think he was good in The Departed. Other than that, I don't really have any thoughts about him.
The Departed was epic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies