Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,083,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
No love for either Little Shop of Horrors or South Park - Bigger, Longer and Uncut?

Somewhere that's Green, Dentist!, Suddenly Seymour and Mean Green Mother from Outer Space from the former and Blame Canada and What Would Brian Boitano Do? from the latter.

Please, make a movie of The Book of Mormon as well.. That would put 3 or more high on my list.

Ah.. Just saw FluidFreedom had Skid Row on their list.
Yes, total love here for them, and Hello! from The Book of Mormon is brilliant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 06:07 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:
No love for either Little Shop of Horrors or South Park - Bigger, Longer and Uncut?

Somewhere that's Green, Dentist!, Suddenly Seymour and Mean Green Mother from Outer Space from the former and Blame Canada and What Would Brian Boitano Do? from the latter.

Please, make a movie of The Book of Mormon as well.. That would put 3 or more high on my list.

Ah.. Just saw FluidFreedom had Skid Row on their list.

Yes! I love that entire soundtrack to Little Shop of Horrors. Skid Row is just one I love the most. I can say the lines of that entire movie.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:30 PM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
I'm gonna cheat and list 11 instead of 10 :

"You're The One That I Want" - Grease

"Sweet Transvestite" - Rocky Horror Picture Show

"
I Remember It Well" - Gigi

"
Do Ray Mi" - The Sound of Music

"
Chim Chim Cher-ree" - Mary Poppins

"I'm In Love With A Wonderful Guy" - South Pacific

"Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend" - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

"I Feel Pretty" - West Side Story

Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - The Wizard of Oz

"Tomorrow" - Annie

"White Christmas" - White Christmas

Old 07-19-2017, 11:53 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Secret Love.. Calamity Jane.

Wonderin Star.. Paint Your Wagon.

Tammy from Tammy and the Bachelor

Happy to be in America...West Side Story.

No Business Like Show Business.

If My Friends Could See Me Now... Sweet Charity.

To Sir With Love.. If you havent listened to this ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVQ4vAmM7Y

Old 07-20-2017, 05:48 AM

Well, the flood gates are open now. I'll be singing all day.
Other 'shower songs' of mine:

On the Street Where You Live - My Fair Lady
I'm Getting Married In The Morning - My Fair Lady
I Feel Pretty - West Side Story
I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face - My Fair Lady
Everythings Coming Up Roses - Gypsy

Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
A rap song (listen if you don't believe it) before people knew what it was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI

And who can forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQWsBiM5YY
Brilliant movie musical, and a very astute observation regarding You Got Trouble.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:06 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Yes! I love that entire soundtrack to Little Shop of Horrors. Skid Row is just one I love the most. I can say the lines of that entire movie.
Word is there's a remake of it coming out.. Not sure how I feel about that.. Going to be REALLY hard to out-do the Frank Oz version. The music was astounding in that. Look at the cast.. First off.. Calling out the late, greats that were in the film, Levi Stubbs and John Candy. Vincent Gardenia has also passed away. But then Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Steve Martin, Jim Belushi, Christopher Guest and Bill Murray.. That's a pretty good cast right there.

As for Book of Mormon.. My goodness.. The music was so good in that.. Yes, "Hello!" was excellent, but... Find a BAD song in that.. you can't.. Now, there's some I like less than others.. All American Prophet, Joseph Smith American Moses and Spooky Mormon Hell Dream are probably the weakest songs.. The rest are all just top notch.

Tops on my list from BoM would probably be (In no particular order) Hasa Diga Eebowai, Making Things Up Again, I am Africa, Hello! Man Up, Turn it Off and Tomorrow is a Latter Day.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:37 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:
Word is there's a remake of it coming out.. Not sure how I feel about that.. Going to be REALLY hard to out-do the Frank Oz version. The music was astounding in that. Look at the cast.. First off.. Calling out the late, greats that were in the film, Levi Stubbs and John Candy. Vincent Gardenia has also passed away. But then Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Steve Martin, Jim Belushi, Christopher Guest and Bill Murray.. That's a pretty good cast right there.

I think I heard that they were going to do a LIVE version like they've done with Sound of music, Grease, Hairspray and Rocky Horror on television. Even a film remake of this will be hard to compete with the 80's version.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:18 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I think I heard that they were going to do a LIVE version like they've done with Sound of music, Grease, Hairspray and Rocky Horror on television. Even a film remake of this will be hard to compete with the 80's version.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-greg-berlanti
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies