Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

I've been a loyal Netflix subscriber ever since the beginning. I have been noticing the last few years that Netflix is putting more and more of their own produced movies and TV shows along with stand up comedy. I also notice that a lot of the time that when we watch this stuff that it's not good. I mean most of the time it's not good. The last couple of comedy specials that was produced by Netflix just sucked. The latest one by Amy Schumer was just horrible. I realize that they themselves didn't do her act, but that they felt that it was worthy offering. She got a vicious beat down in the reviews by a whole lot of reviewers. Same goes with Ralph May, it was unwatchable. I had to turn it off and yet Netflix presents this crap for their customers??

I'm a somewhat happy customer for the most part but lately I'm starting to wonder about Netflix. I wonder how much other services like Amazon Prime is biting into them.

They need to step up their game or customers might start looking elsewhere. I can't be the only person noticing this trend with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 06:42 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I doubt a couple questionable one time comedy specials will be the downfall of Netflix, when they're doing so well with their original programming (OITNB, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, etc.)

Old 08-02-2017, 01:48 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
We liked GLOW, but I didn't watch the Amy Shumer thing because we don't like her, period. We hated the Santa Clarita Diet - barely able to finish the first episode. We also avoid anything with that annoying human tsetse fly, Adam Sandler.

We are watching Amazon Prime more and more, because they have stuff Netflix never showed, like The Sopranos, The Wire, Mildred Pierce, Indiana Jones movies, etc.

For every decent thing Netflix carries, there are at least 10-20 titles that are complete garbage.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:28 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We are watching Amazon Prime more and more, because they have stuff Netflix never showed, like The Sopranos, The Wire, Mildred Pierce, Indiana Jones movies, etc.

For every decent thing Netflix carries, there are at least 10-20 titles that are complete garbage.
I'm the opposite. I don't even bother logging into Amazon Prime anymore because I can never find anything I'm interested in watching. But I'm constantly on Netflix.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:10 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Not sure why I still pay for Netflix. I guess hell on wheels and waiting for season two of the frontier. Other than that it's a complete joke.

I got an email the other day saying they added a movie I might like---Jackie brown lol. Are you friggin kidding me!? I saw it twenty years ago it's decent but seriously!

Aren't they like a billion dollars in debt too?

Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
We liked GLOW, but I didn't watch the Amy Shumer thing because we don't like her, period. We hated the Santa Clarita Diet - barely able to finish the first episode. We also avoid anything with that annoying human tsetse fly, Adam Sandler.

Yeah, I agree, for every one that they produce there's a boatload that sucked. Couldn't watch the Santa Clarita thing. That fabulous six thing whatever it was called with Sandler, that sucked so bad we had to turn it off.

We really don't turn off movies that often. We're doing it faster and faster anymore because I just don't wanna waste my time. Sometimes a dog at the beginning can get better but so many we've watched are just a waste of time.

We're not going to get rid of Netflix, at least not at this point, I was just wonder if it was just us noticing some of the crap that Netflix has been pushing lately. Just another was this Jessica James thing and it sucked too, turned it off after about 15 minutes or so.

So many movies now are made in a way where they are trying too hard to be "indie" and "hip" and some of the dialog and pacing is just cheesier than hell to me. You can spot it a mile away.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:48 PM

My daughter is so looking forward to the next season of Stranger Things (won't lie, I am too) that I promised not to cancel before we get a chance to see it.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
My daughter is so looking forward to the next season of Stranger Things (won't lie, I am too) that I promised not to cancel before we get a chance to see it.
I wont watch Stranger things ever again after that hate filled speech at some awards show. Ranting about punching people in the face if they dare have a different opinion. Never heard netflix condemn it

Old 08-04-2017, 12:22 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Netflix seems to throw lots of stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Then when something does, they rush to make 6 more shows just like it.

I still have it because we don't have cable and I watch a lot of old series. And occasionally they add a movie I like.

I'm looking forward to Stranger Things, too. But those kids are all going to hit puberty pretty soon and won't be nearly as cute.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I wont watch Stranger things ever again after that hate filled speech at some awards show. Ranting about punching people in the face if they dare have a different opinion. Never heard netflix condemn it
I rarely watch awards shows anymore, and have no clue what hate speech happened? Who said it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies