Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 12:04 PM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the short for Moana won the Oscar for its category.
I haven’t seen that. But the movie itself was obviously good, just a questionable short for me.

But for the incredibles 2, it was a great movie. Maybe not as funny as the last one, but it’s not easy to make every joke stick. The action scenes were creative, sadly the bad guy was predictable, the superpowers of the other super hero’s were pretty good.

I loved how the real life actor cast told us “14 years is a long time but it takes a long time to make these movies.” No Samuel L Jackson, it doesn’t normally take 14 years to make a sequel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 04:07 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I haven’t seen that. But the movie itself was obviously good, just a questionable short for me.

But for the incredibles 2, it was a great movie. Maybe not as funny as the last one, but it’s not easy to make every joke stick. The action scenes were creative, sadly the bad guy was predictable, the superpowers of the other super hero’s were pretty good.

I loved how the real life actor cast told us “14 years is a long time but it takes a long time to make these movies.” No Samuel L Jackson, it doesn’t normally take 14 years to make a sequel.
Heh, his entire career as Nick Fury has taken place since The Incredibles.

OTOH, it was 17 years between Unbreakable and Split.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
A number of critics have said the bad guy was too predictable, but clearly they intended the villain to be predictable right away.

Spoiler
It should have been a clue the moment they introduced her: Eveyln Deavor...Evel nDeavor...Evil Endeavor.
Also, as I said the villain was so singularly carefully animated that it was an attention draw.

That means the real story being told is not the A plot.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:03 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A number of critics have said the bad guy was too predictable, but clearly they intended the villain to be predictable right away.

Spoiler
It should have been a clue the moment they introduced her: Eveyln Deavor...Evel nDeavor...Evil Endeavor.
Also, as I said the villain was so singularly carefully animated that it was an attention draw.

That means the real story being told is not the A plot.
They never did catch the Underminer. Having said that, the Underminer would likely have been a week villain. They gave it lip service and proceeded onto the real villain of the movie.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:31 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,226,802 times
Yeah, they didn't catch the Underminer, so that keeps the door open for I3.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:01 PM

835 posts, read 773,680 times
The 5 of us agreed this was better than the original, that I always thought wasn't that good.

As a parent getting ready to send our oldest child off to college in the Fall, the short was pretty emotional, definitely was not aimed at kids.

Btw, anyone that complains about bringing home a white woman....racist much?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
The 5 of us agreed this was better than the original, that I always thought wasn't that good.

As a parent getting ready to send our oldest child off to college in the Fall, the short was pretty emotional, definitely was not aimed at kids.

Btw, anyone that complains about bringing home a white woman....racist much?
Yeah, I had that moment during the short where I said, "That's going to need explaining to young children."

Adolescents will fully grasp it: "Yeah, mom! That's what I feel like you're doing to me!"

My understanding is that the Chinese-Canadian woman who directed the short took first inspiration from the old "Gingerbread Man" story, but changed it to a dynamic young Chinese-Canadians are facing today.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:15 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Saw it today. Loved it. This movie is the new Gold Standard for action/chase scenes. Wow.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:28 AM

735 posts, read 1,170,742 times
I just saw the movie this morning. Better than the original and well worth the 14 year wait.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T MAKE US WAIT ANOTHER 14 YEARS FOR INCREDIBLES 3!!!!

Old 06-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Saw it today. Loved it. This movie is the new Gold Standard for action/chase scenes. Wow.
The action/chase scenes were as exciting as anything done live action.

The chase/fight between Elastigirl and ScreenSlaver was top notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies