Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 02:31 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It was a mayday. But the movie, as has been said, is getting the retrochrono treatment. She'll be in Avengers 4 for certain.

The thing is: how to explain what she's been doing from 2008-forward.
Punching Skrulls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 02:33 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Spoiler
So Nick Fury sent a message to Captain Marvel as he was dying, yes? Her movie comes out early next year, do you think the end of that movie is going to lead right into Avengers 4? Was this message a call for her help? Os is it simply a nod to her given she has an upcoming movie?
Spoiler

It was both

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It was a mayday. But the movie, as has been said, is getting the retrochrono treatment. She'll be in Avengers 4 for certain.

The thing is: how to explain what she's been doing from 2008-forward.
Same thing Thanos was doing, watching from space.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:36 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Punching Skrulls.

That's not a euphemism, is it?

Old 05-01-2018, 02:58 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,603,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Saw Infinty war last night and I think that it is possible that it won't surpass Black Panther in the box office mainly because
I don't think it will inspire many people to watch it multiple times at the moment. I saw Black Panther 3 times, I would be willing to see it again in the theatre and I am planning on buying it on Bluray and I can't even remember the last movie I bought. I will probably see it one more time mainly because I want to see it in 4D.

Spoiler
It's obvious that this is just the first part and I am looking forward to part 2. While seeing so many characters die was upsetting you know that there exists the possibility of them returning so the movie feels unresolved. The most frustrating part is having to wait a year to see what happens.
I don't expect everyone to survive and I'm ok with that but I at least expected to walk out feeling like a chapter had ended and looking forward to a new beginning.

I think that knowing some of the upcoming movies also works against this movie, since we know that there are upcoming Black Panther, Spiderman, and Guardians of the Galaxy movies, we know that all of their deaths can't be permanent, at most maybe Gamora will remain dead.

I just saw Infinity War. It's well-made and well-written and it's great to see so many characters together in the same movie, and have old and new team-ups, but...This is the first Avengers movie that I'm in no hurry to re-watch.

And why do the Black Panther and Bucky/White Wolf and Captain America have to fuzz up perfectly strong chins with awful beards? They do have razors in Wakanda (heck, they've probably got robot barbers in Wakanda; and if they don't, I'm sure Shuri could whip up one during a coffee break). They've got razors wherever Steve Rogers has been running/flying around (and scissors; his hair looked awful, too).

Never thought I'd see Thanos cry. Who'd have known that the genocidal creep had a heart - of course, that just makes matters worse, because he's still a genocidal creep.

How long until Part II?

Old 05-01-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
That's not a euphemism, is it?
Captain Marvel's origins lay in the Kree-Skrull war eons ago. The Inhumans (yes, that miserable but thankfully short-lived recent television program) are the result of Kree experimentation with Kree-human hybrids to develop soldiers for the war).

Skrulls were a pretty reliable enemy during the Marvel Comics silver age.

Marvell has gone through a number of iterations from initially being a male Kree spy against humanity to a hero for humanity, to dying and passing on the mantle in various ways to another guy, to a black woman, finally to the current Carol Danvers.

Even more facinating is how Marvel copped the character name "Captain Marvel(l)" from DC. Remember that Shazam's real name had been Captain Marvel--"Shazam!" was just Billy Batson's magic word to turn into Captain Marvel.

But Marvel Comics managed to get the copyright to "Captain Marvel" by way of "Captain Mar-Vell" through some shenanigans.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:13 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Marvell has gone through a number of iterations from initially being a male Kree spy against humanity to a hero for humanity, to dying and passing on the mantle in various ways to another guy, to a black woman, finally to the current Carol Danvers.
I liked the Monica Rambeau iteration.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:21 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
How long until Part II?
May 3 2019 until part Infinity Wars part II. The original opening date for Infinity War was May 4, 2018 but Fox Studios decided to open Deadpool #2 on May 18. As Deadpool is also a Marvel character, Disney decided it was better to open a week early so as to have three full weeks between premiers.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:29 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You do know American adults grew up reading comic books right?
And creating and writing them. I guess he's never been to a comic book convention. Mostly adults, not kids.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You do know American adults grew up reading comic books right?
Back in the 60s I wrote a junior high essay on how reading comics made a person more erudite. I used "erudite." Reed Richards had used it.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:30 PM

I just read that Tom Holland improvised those lines. The director just told him his character's motivation and Tom made it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies