Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 01:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
Still not a fan. I watched Power Rangers for free and I turned it off 30% of the way into the movie. Horrible acting, horrible story line, and over all was cheesy as hell.

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of any of Disney's acting/singing talents that rose up the ranks from kids to adults in any of Disney's entertainment realm. The only thing I like about Disney's are their animation movies.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Power Rangers. It was pretty good, but I do realize it is not everyone's cup of tea. Then again I was a fan of the original and I saw decent characterizations that even didn't exist in the original. IMHO Zack was the only one that was under-serviced in the film.

As for Naomi Scott, I think she was only in Lemonade Mouth for Disney productions. She was a bit role in The 33 and The Martian as well as a starring role on the failed Terra-Nova TV series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,800 times
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHECMVOq7g

Old 02-17-2019, 12:27 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times
I'm actually surprised the filmmakers went for a lot of unknown actors it seems, but maybe Will Smith is a one big name, and that's all you need.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:52 AM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I'm actually surprised the filmmakers went for a lot of unknown actors it seems, but maybe Will Smith is a one big name, and that's all you need.
Or they spent all their money on Will Smith and couldn't afford anyone else.

From the trailers, the only thing I don't like so far is Jafar. His voice does not sound sinister enough.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:38 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
I came looking for a thread on this movie, and this was the first I found. None after it was released? Anyway, we just saw it on Netflix DVD, and I didn't think it was great. It was OK.

Funny to see people saying it didn't have animals in it, because it did have the monkey and the Tiger.

The one think I thought that was good in the movie was the costumes. I mentioned to the OH that I thought it was Oscar worthy, but today they announced the Oscar lists and Aladdin was not included.

Old 02-03-2020, 07:55 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Watched tis last night on Disney + I wasn't expecting much but was very entertained and had a couple of laugh out loud moments. The flying carpet should get an Academy Award. Even Will Smith couldn't ruin this movie. Very well done and enjoyable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies