Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 03:01 AM

2 posts, read 629 times

Advertisements

It seems that Vin Diesel will do a Cameo as he did in Tokyo Drift.
What you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 07:19 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,924 times
I like the Rock too and there is a part of me that likes Jason Statham as well but I really just want the Fast & Furious franchise and any spinoffs to just go away. I watched the first movie in the series and thought it was drivel and haven't been able sit through any of the other movies in the series.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:16 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times
The best Fast and Furious movies in my opinion where the fifth and the sixth ones, and they should have ended it there, cause I don't think it will get that good again.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:27 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
Only the first Fast and Furious was decent. The rests were too outrageous and fake for me. I like the Rock but I don't like most of his movies.
The first movie (and Tokyo Drift) holds up better, while the rest are action spectacles that aren't for everybody. I would have preferred to see a smaller scale spinoff that focused on the 2000s racing scene, while the main series wins the box office by showing flying cars defeating supervillains.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:33 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
The first movie (and Tokyo Drift) holds up better, while the rest are action spectacles that aren't for everybody. I would have preferred to see a smaller scale spinoff that focused on the 2000s racing scene, while the main series wins the box office by showing flying cars defeating supervillains.
And thus we have the spin off with super humans chasing each other instead of focusing on the super cars

Old 02-07-2019, 01:33 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times
But I think that's the problem with the first movie and Tokyo Drift, is that they want to be more plausible, but the movies are so cheesy anyway that they might as well own it, and go all out with it, like the other ones do. The first one and Tokyo Drift just don't want to own it.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:25 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
1 and TD were of course over-the-top, but they were still about the racing scene. Beneath the Hollywood absurdity was some surprising authenticity to them. But the 2000s are a bygone era. It's a missed opportunity to me instead of something I'd want to see them try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
And thus we have the spin off with super humans chasing each other instead of focusing on the super cars
They'll find a way to sneak in the post-FF4 tradition of throwing cars out of the sky indiscriminately.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:52 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
If you need a good laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFNwd1I1niA

Old 04-23-2019, 09:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Mainly my problem is the Shaw character. It's never explained why in The Fate of the Furious, he is needed to help the characters as a newly reformed 'good guy'.

SPOILERS

His character transformation is not explained either. They don't need to work with Shaw, at all, and it's completely forced. Plus Shaw is inconsistent with this character now. In last movie, he rescues a baby, and actually cares enough to put ear muffs on the baby, and turn the baby's head away, while killing bad guys. He cares enough about saving the baby, that he actually talks to the baby and wants to cheer him up and all that.

Where as in the previous movie, Furious Seven, he is a complete sociopath, who blows up a hospital full of innocent people, just to make a spiteful point. Completely inconsistent.

So it seems that they only reason they wanted to force him to become a good guy for more movies, is that he is Jason Statham.
Yeah I never understood that about Shaw either...if this guy had blown up an entire hospital (killing God knows how many babies, sick, injured, innocent, etc), he would be HATED and DESPISED like no one else on the planet...just because he mysteriously does something good one time, wouldnt change any of that.

This is basically Fast and Furious 9 imo, there will be fast expensive cars, lots of eye candy, and an enemy that seems impossible to beat, I really wish they would stop trying to add in the little tidbits of comedy thru out these movies too, that has to be the dumbest thing ever.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Mainly my problem is the Shaw character. It's never explained why in The Fate of the Furious, he is needed to help the characters as a newly reformed 'good guy'.

SPOILERS

His character transformation is not explained either. They don't need to work with Shaw, at all, and it's completely forced. Plus Shaw is inconsistent with this character now. In last movie, he rescues a baby, and actually cares enough to put ear muffs on the baby, and turn the baby's head away, while killing bad guys. He cares enough about saving the baby, that he actually talks to the baby and wants to cheer him up and all that.

Where as in the previous movie, Furious Seven, he is a complete sociopath, who blows up a hospital full of innocent people, just to make a spiteful point. Completely inconsistent.

So it seems that they only reason they wanted to force him to become a good guy for more movies, is that he is Jason Statham.
I agree. He should have remained a bad guy along with his brother. I guess they wanted add "star" power with this franchise with the loss of Paul Walker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies