Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:14 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

This movie was AWFUL!!! I am glad that this is the end.

The 2nd failed attempt at the Phoenix Saga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 06:15 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Sophie Turner doesn't do so well on the big screen.
She is not a strong actress. She can't really be a lead.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:30 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Saw it at the midnight showing, 2 people were in the theatre, wow did it stink. I am amused that out of all of the GoT newcomers, Maise Williams looks like the breakout star.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:50 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
https://twitter.com/RICHARDLNEWBY/st...03551886413824

Old 06-07-2019, 11:27 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Of my favorite YouTube critics, only Grace Randolph gave it a nod, but only for a very specialized audience: Hard-core X-Men fans who have nothing else to do that day.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Of my favorite YouTube critics, only Grace Randolph gave it a nod, but only for a very specialized audience: Hard-core X-Men fans who have nothing else to do that day.
That's not exactly a recommendation, is it?

Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This movie was AWFUL!!! I am glad that this is the end.

The 2nd failed attempt at the Phoenix Saga.
I never actually liked that story anyway.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:52 PM

Right, you LOVED it.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:14 PM

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1137419220495601664

Old 06-08-2019, 02:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I'm getting bored with the hugely oversaturation of superhero movies but it might be good. There is something I don't get about the Phoenix character though. This is the same character as Jean Grey in the first 3 X-men movies, right? How come when she becomes the Phoenix in X-men: The Last Stand, she goes psycho on everyone? I didn't really understand it, unless I missed something?
No. Last Stand was written out of existence due to Days of Future Past. I mean I think there three to five timelines since you have the Singer trilogy timeline (X-Men, X2 and Last Stand as well as Origins Wolverine and The Wolverine), the corrected Singer timeline (The Wolverine and Last Stand didn't happen), the First Class trilogy (First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse and now Dark Phoenix) timeline, the Deadpool timeline (unclear if it is tied into any timeline or on its own), and the Logan timeline (which may be a Singer timeline bit again could be its own.) Dark Phoenix is the last film in the First Class timeline.

Quote:
Oh okay, but in The Last Stand, what was she angry about, or what did she become power hungry over by something else? Was it her mind being taken over, or did she have actual personal motivations to feel angry or power hungry?
It was a VERY LOOSE interpretation of the Phoenix powers. It seemed more like Jean was powered up but didn't have the fire she did in this.movie. It seemed more like a latent ability and her dark side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't remember. You've obviously given that movie way more thought than I ever did.

I suspect she was angry because the script read: BE ANGRY. And that's about as much thought as ever goes into a Brett Ratner movie.
I wish I could. I erased it from my X-Men head cannon and also Origins Wolverine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It, the Phoenix was an artificially suppressed, by Professor X, part of Jean Grey's personality. After her sacrifice in X2,Xavier let his guard down and when the Phoenix rose from the lake instead of the ashes without that outside force holding the bad in check the dark side had her way.
I didn't read that in Xavier's speech but them again I haven't seen that crap in years.

Quote:
Okay thanks, but I don't get this whole dark side rose instead of the ashes without the outside force holding the bad in check.

Was this actually explained in The Last Stand, and did I miss it?
Maybe in the Xavier speech.

Quote:
Oh okay. What was it about The Last Stand that was so bad? I remember it being my favorite X-men movie possibly, because I felt that the plot about a cure for mutants, and themes that came with that, was the best idea, the X-men filmmakers had so far, but maybe I need to watch it again.
Do we really have enough time? Cyclops was a senseless death just to make Jean evil. Mispowered X-Men and not that people mistake Wolverine's adimantium being his mutation. Xavier died and then is back in a coma person's body. Wolverine and Jean's relationship which was barely established in the other movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies