Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 02:53 PM

475 posts, read 648,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Hated this movie.

Hated what they did with Thor and Hulk.
Why the hate and have you been an avid reader and collector of Marvel Comics for very long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 03:25 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
It's more than obvious that those of us who disliked what they did with Thor and Hulk in Endgame are readers, or have been since before 2010.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM

https://twitter.com/mas_critical/sta...54613743874054

Old 05-02-2019, 03:28 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
Why the hate and have you been an avid reader and collector of Marvel Comics for very long?
I doubt the poster actually "hated" the movie. Hate is a strong word, although everyone has an opinion. I agree with you that you could not have liked the direction of Thor and Hulk but still liked the rest of the movie.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:49 PM

Some of these things have been explained, while the rest are getting swept under the rug, i.e. they may or may not be explained in future films.

"After Watching 'Avengers: Endgame' We Are Bothered By A Number Of Things"

https://amomedia.com/25044-after-wat..._session=25044

Old 05-02-2019, 06:09 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
It was initially a surprise to see "Jarvis" appear in Endgame.

The reason that's a surprise is because we learned a couple of years ago that the reason characters that originated on television (including Netflix) were owned by the television writers who created them (and that includes comics characters adapted for television--the television adaptations are the properties of the television writes). Television writers belong to a union that makes licensing their work extremely expensive for motion pictures. So while a character that first appeared in a movie might later appear on television, vice versa would be rare.

So it was a surprise to see the character "Jarvis" that originated in television's "Agent Carter" appear in the movie.

Except that it was the "Endgame" writers Markus and McFeely who also wrote "Agent Carter," so "Jarvis" was their property to use in the movie.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:11 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Some of these things have been explained, while the rest are getting swept under the rug, i.e. they may or may not be explained in future films.

This whole discussion illustrates perfectly why I tend to dislike most time travel stories: They don't hold up to even basic scrutiny. The only way to really enjoy it is to shut off your brain, and I hate doing that.

We have TIME AFTER TIME. No further time-travel movies are needed.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:17 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
People are tweeting more than ever. I doubt that it overtakes Avatar - in 2009 dollars.
True, it's hard to determine, but I honestly don't remember nearly as much buzz around Avatar. It was a much different era, but I actually do remember super packed theaters for Titanic. Even still, the style of movie makes it more likely Endgame would receive more tweets than either Avatar or Titanic.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post

I'd make a point about the time travel elements:

People have to forget everything they think they know about time travel from other movies and stories. Actually, that should be the modus operandi going into every story of science fiction and fantasy: Never cross the streams! But in this case, they outright tell you so.

The only authoritative information we have for time travel in this movie comes from The Ancient One and (less authoritative) Bruce Banner. Banner knew a lot about the scientific side, but The Ancient One schooled him on the effect of the Infinity Stones, specifically that the Infinity Stones prevent alternate time lines and force all events into a single time line....

...as long as there are no gaps in the existence of any of the stones in the timeline. Only if there is a gap in the time line existence of a stone can a branch occur. That's why Captain America had to return each stone to its last moment in the original timeline. Notice: He didn't have to return each stone to its original circumstance, just to its original moment. Anywhere in the universe at that moment would do.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
True, it's hard to determine, but I honestly don't remember nearly as much buzz around Avatar. It was a much different era, but I actually do remember super packed theaters for Titanic. Even still, the style of movie makes it more likely Endgame would receive more tweets than either Avatar or Titanic.
I calculate that fully 10 percent of the American public watched Engame in just its first weekend (based on ticket sales and average ticket prices).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies