Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2019, 07:13 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Just wait for the next X-Men. You will see.
I don't know what Marvel Studios is going to do with the Xmen. I love the current Xmen cast and hope they retain most of them when they reboot.

As far as the next Xmen film; Dark Phoenix is a great character. Looking forward to what they do with her. Nothing's feminist about her because she has been a powerhouse for decades in the comics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 AM

662 posts, read 313,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Thor is not gone. He signed a new contract and will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
Thats what I meant, he's gone from the Avengers team and has now moved on to the GOTG. Also a decent chance that Beta Ray Bill shows up in GOTG 3.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Thor is not gone. He signed a new contract and will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
He probably jumped at the chance. He saw how much Robert Downey being the lead for the films... $$$$

"Robert Downey Jr. has made approximately $200 million from Marvel alone thus far"

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...m-marvel.html/

Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
He probably jumped at the chance. He saw how much Robert Downey being the lead for the films... $$$$

"Robert Downey Jr. has made approximately $200 million from Marvel alone thus far"

To be fair - the success of the Iron Man franchise is what made the following possible. RDJ must receive credit where credit is due.

Pretty sure that Thor has Thor. The last one, Ragnarok, was the best one. Hemsworth is in the drivers seat. He should send Christmas gifts to Hella - she did a lot for that movie.

I'd like to see Hella have a change of heart, like Odin did, and join the Avengers when the next menace shows up. There will more menaces until they are no longer box office gold. I mean - why not? Marvel already has a stable of menaces at least as powerful and menacing as Thanos - some are much worse.

The public loves this stuff. Endgame will be #1 in spite of being mostly mediocre. Plus 2019 dollars and global audiences vs. 2009 dollars in the depths of the Great Repression.

If Thor and Black Widow are gone - now we have Captain Marvel. Complete with apparently more energy at her disposal than the entirety of the Milky Way. Plus they now have "America's Ass":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXxcTRWTvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GICJpm435Go

Old 05-15-2019, 11:49 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
ColoGuy, Hela will never be a heroine, let alone an Avenger. That's not Hela.

As for your preoccupation with a certain actor's derriere...

Old 05-15-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

He can thank the comic book medium for his fortune. The same goes for the other actors. They're far richer than the creators (and by extension, their families) of the characters they portray ever were.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:56 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
ColoGuy, Hela will never be a heroine, let alone an Avenger. That's not Hela.

As for your preoccupation with a certain actor's derriere...

Mentioning a bizarre twist in the #1 movie of all time a couple times? It is just - inexplicably weird. I'd like to know what traditional cultures like the Japanese thought. Oh yea - they dismissed the movie after one week. By comparison Mark S. has jumped down the throat of Thor at least a dozen times.

S'Ok though - we're all here to have fun. Its just -the movies for cryin' out loud. They probably thought the line was funny.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:59 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Thats what I meant, he's gone from the Avengers team and has now moved on to the GOTG. Also a decent chance that Beta Ray Bill shows up in GOTG 3.
Yes but they need to also have Adam Warlock and the OG Guardians that debuted in the end of Vol. 2.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Mentioning a bizarre twist in the #1 movie of all time a couple times? It is just - inexplicably weird. I'd like to know what traditional cultures like the Japanese thought. Oh yea - they dismissed the movie after one week. By comparison Mark S. has jumped down the throat of Thor at least a dozen times.

S'Ok though - we're all here to have fun. Its just -the movies for cryin' out loud. They probably thought the line was funny.
"America's ass" = "bizarre twist"? No, it's just another stupid joke in a movie that has far too many.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:11 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
"America's ass" = "bizarre twist"? No, it's just another stupid joke in a movie that has far too many.
I took "America's ass" to be a Tony Stark double entende with the alternate meaning of "America's #1 Jackass."

I never once considered Tony Stark was actually admiring Steve Rogers' derriere...or would say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies