Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 08:19 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Looks good can’t wait! But why the 90s remix?
Wonder Woman 1994? No, not yet. Don't rush it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 06:35 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Do you mean nerf?

I wasn't aware you didn't like Wonder Woman.
Nope nerfing a non-powered person is redundant. I meant as in No-one Ever Really Dies. It is the comic logic that any given character could return after death. I think only a few deaths are absolute like the Wayne parents, Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy. The rest cam be undone given the right story. I mean I see how they could have Steve Trevor return in the story from the trailer, I'm just unsure if it is a good idea.

And yes, I hated that for the movie Wonder Woman was made into being a Greek Mythology Captain America: The First Avenger. I though this was well established...

Old 12-09-2019, 06:45 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Stop pretending you guys aren't watching it over and over.
Meh. I watched it once. I hope the movie will be great. I enjoyed the first one, and I'm rooting for Patty Jenkins to make another great movie. But this was not a great trailer. I'm beginning to think the art of the movie trailer has largely been lost.

Nice use of "Blue Monday" though.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Nope nerfing a non-powered person is redundant. I meant as in No-one Ever Really Dies. It is the comic logic that any given character could return after death. I think only a few deaths are absolute like the Wayne parents, Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy. The rest cam be undone given the right story. I mean I see how they could have Steve Trevor return in the story from the trailer, I'm just unsure if it is a good idea.

And yes, I hated that for the movie Wonder Woman was made into being a Greek Mythology Captain America: The First Avenger. I though this was well established...
Oh, that. I've never seen it referred to as "NERD." Must be a new thing. Anyway, I heard a while back that Steve Trevor may be there as...well, I won't spoil it. Just something I heard. There's a lot in the film that wasn't given away by the trailer. And we didn't even see Cheetah.

I didn't realize you actively disliked Wonder Woman. Did you have a problem with the third act of Endgame for borrowing so much from BvS?

Old 12-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Meh. I watched it once. I hope the movie will be great. I enjoyed the first one, and I'm rooting for Patty Jenkins to make another great movie. But this was not a great trailer. I'm beginning to think the art of the movie trailer has largely been lost.

Nice use of "Blue Monday" though.
Uh-oh. I think the Ugly Bias Monster may be awakening from his slumber.

Compared to the snoozeriffic Black Widow trailer, Wonder Woman 1984's is Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Uh-oh. I think the Ugly Bias Monster may be awakening from his slumber.

Compared to the snoozeriffic Black Widow trailer, Wonder Woman 1984's is Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments.
I wasn't impressed with the BLACK WIDOW trailer either. //www.city-data.com/forum/movie...l#post56781205

I am an equal opportunity disliker. I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

The new Bond trailer is a good trailer. WW84 and BW are not. I'm hoping WW84 is just a bad trailer for a good movie. But BW doesn't even look like a good movie. It looks Whedony and dumb.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Anyway, I heard a while back that Steve Trevor may be there as...well, I won't spoil it. Just something I heard.
If it's the same rumor I read, I hope it is not true, because it is really dumb. Something like that might fit in the tongue-in-cheek SHAZAM! movie or maybe an episode of GOOSEBUMPS. But WONDER WOMAN? I don't think so.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It looks Whedony and dumb.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:59 AM

Get your DC panties unbunched. I meant that BLACK WINDOW looks Whedony and dumb.

WW84 just has a bad trailer. Sorry. Truth hurts. I hope the movie will be good, but this trailer certainly didn't fill me with optimism. It's a McTrailer.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:34 AM

Sorry, I go split-screen for work.

So you're saying one trailer was Whedony, and the other was "bad"?

And the "bad" trailer is Wonder Woman 1984?

Either you're John Wayne in The Shootist, or you need spectacles, sir!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies