Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 11:13 PM

740 posts, read 452,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Edge of Tomorrow needs a sequel.

I believe they are going to do one.

For me, I wanted them to continue:

Ender's Game
The Last Star Fighter
Flight of the Navigator
The Family Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 02:05 AM

13,580 posts, read 15,582,077 times
Krull.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:26 AM

6,031 posts, read 6,114,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

(RE: Master and Commander, Far Side of the World)
Sooo...you realize they picked and chose elements from at least two Aubrey-Maturin "Master and Commander" books as a mashup to create a (darn good) film? The 20 book Patrick O'Brian series?

Those books annihilate any ten films about those characters. They mandate an excellent knowledge of British Naval terms, and tactics, of that era. Read one, you'll start to get it. Read two, it will sink in and you're hooked. The adventures the ship's Captain (Aubrey) and reluctant Dr. (Maturin) find have visualizations in the mind that no film could ever match. That's the last film that needs a "sequel," its purpose was to get intelligent people reading the original material, obviously. Worked for me, I'd not heard of the series prior! My dad and I shared those 20 books for years after, in the US Post from cross country. It was great fun.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times
I can't think of any movie that I wished had a sequel. However, I can think of movies where sequels were planned in order to finish the story. I can also think of movie franchises where I feel it went in a direction other than was planned.

The only movie I can think of that doesn't have a sequel yet that I am interested in is Dredd (2012), but there was talks about a follow up called "Mega City One" (loose sequel series) which was supposed to be ready for release this year, but it's taking a little longer to get going...

Old 08-09-2019, 05:04 PM

6,907 posts, read 2,643,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I Am Number Four - I really enjoyed this movie, and to me it's obvious the plan was to have a sequel. But sadly it appears it won't happen.

Jumper - I also enjoyed this movie although I felt the acting was weak. Still, enjoyed the story line and the ending was wide open for a sequel.

What movies do you wish a sequel to be made?
Where Eagles Dare

Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 PM

160 posts, read 124,738 times
The Big Lebowski

Old 08-09-2019, 10:23 PM

3,318 posts, read 4,113,966 times
History Of The World Part 1, at the end of the movie, Mel Brooks had covered everything up to the late 1700's, and even gave us previews of the up coming Part 2, including Hitler on ice, ect, but he never made a Part 2. What a bummer, why did he put Part 1 on the title, and then not make a Part 2?

Silent Rage, with Chuck Norris and Flounder from Animal House as his sidekick. At the end, Chuck throws the crazed psycho down the well, and right before the credits, the super predator psycho killer is seen climbing up the wall inside the well. This was one of Chuck Norris best movies and a sequel was a missed opportunity.

Taxi Driver, why not have De Niro come back for more? That movie was awesome and could have spawned a series of cab driver movies. As it was, we had to settle for cab driver segments in other movies, like Ernest Borgnine driving Snake Plissken around NYC in Escape From NY, The cabby in the Heavy Metal animated movie, with disintegration ray switch on floorboard for undesirable passenger. And DC Cab was not too bad, with Grady from Sanford & Son finding a valuable violin in the cab, actually that movie was pretty funny, but Robert De Niro could have done better with another edgy sequel to Taxi Driver.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:21 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,262,162 times
Two recent movies I've watched multiple times need a sequel -

Alita: Battle Angel
Captain Marvel

I think there are plans, but I've seen those scrapped before. Hopefully it won't happen in either one of these cases.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:36 PM

1,298 posts, read 950,943 times
ET

Would like to see a plot where the alien returns and visits an adult Drew Barymore.
Actually surprised it hasnt been thought of yet, would be the biggest blockbuster.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:49 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,576,067 times
Winter's Bone. I want to know what happens next!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies