Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2020, 09:47 PM

297 posts, read 177,648 times

Advertisements

And if so then what are the best examples ?

I'm posing this question because I've never seen any movies that fit that description and since I have ample time on my hand now , I'm eager to watch a few just for the sake of seeing something new .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 12:08 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,246 times
Any movie where criminals are the heroes, I would say. Any of the "Ocean's" movies, Usual Suspects, etc. Also Fight Club. And a lot of teen angst movies that show rebellious/lawbreaking kids as good guys*.

*Funny, I was just asking a friend if it was a sign of getting old that I saw Vernon in The Breakfast Club as the good guy

Old 04-15-2020, 05:13 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,708,233 times
Default Do movies that explicitly condone and/ or glorify bad behavior exist ?

Fiction in general makes events seem more interesting and exciting.

Crime films - whether the protagonist is the good guy or not - do this. War films certainly do. Violence is casually rendered and rarely has the psychological aspects that exist in the real world. Even movies with 'minor' violence (minor for cinema, but in the real world such violence would be quite noteworthy): imagine a drama which might have one fist-fight or a single punch. How often does that happen? Rarely. And when it does - when someone gets slugged in the face seven times during the course of a fight - how often to they just get up and walk away with nothing worse that a bloodied lip?

But that's fiction.

When someone watches Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and thinks "You know, I really should get a flamethrower", it's not Quentin Tarantino who has the problem differentiating reality from fantasy - it's the viewer.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:50 AM

20,657 posts, read 4,428,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post

I'm posing this question because I've never seen any movies that fit that description and since I have ample time on my hand now, I'm eager to watch a few just for the sake of seeing something new .

Well depending how define "bad behavior".

First Blood
House Arrest
Home Alone
House Party
House Party
Class Act
Ferris Bueller
Detroit Rock City
Animal House
The Wanderers

Old 04-17-2020, 11:34 AM

297 posts, read 177,648 times
I actually received a comment through rep in which the sender ( not sure who ) admonished me/claimed that most movies out there actually glorify bad behavior ...

This post isn't meant to be a dig at you , anonymous rep sender , but I was very much being serious when I wrote that I've never seen a single film fitting that description .

Old 04-21-2020, 10:10 AM

729 posts, read 533,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post
Do movies that explicitly condone and/ or glorify bad behavior exist ?

I'm posing this question because I've never seen any movies that fit that description and since I have ample time on my hand now , I'm eager to watch a few just for the sake of seeing something new .
The early to mid 70's have a lot of films that meet your criteria. On particular example that is still quite notorious is the 1971 film "Don't deliver us from evil".

Old 04-24-2020, 04:32 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Dragged Across Concrete Trailer #1

https://youtu.be/L2d6Cf2rWxQ

On HBO

Just watched it today. Starts slowly then some twists and turns. Overall not bad. I agree with the 75% Rotten Tomatoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies