Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 09:05 AM

2,980 posts, read 1,746,243 times

Advertisements

Getting to see the entire run of Game of Thrones justified getting HBOMax for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 07:48 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I watch the same movies over and over again while I read my newspaper,sparing my brain to follow any complicated scheme.

Ha!

Old 09-22-2021, 09:20 AM

748 posts, read 338,953 times
They do have a lot of content, but how much people enjoy it will vary.

Old 09-22-2021, 09:37 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
One of the things I have realized lately is just how picky I am about what I will watch. I have literally hundreds, if not thousands of choices now (HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and Netflix, as well as a temporary membership with HULU and the full line of movie channels that Cox offers...and there are still nights I find nothing I want to watch.

How did we do it when there were just 3 networks? LOL

Old 09-22-2021, 02:29 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
One of the things I have realized lately is just how picky I am about what I will watch. I have literally hundreds, if not thousands of choices now (HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and Netflix, as well as a temporary membership with HULU and the full line of movie channels that Cox offers...and there are still nights I find nothing I want to watch.

And a black and white tv that could only be hung on a wall with bunch of lag bolts and a few anchor chains. And rabbit ears with two rolls of aluminum foil.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:55 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Getting to see the entire run of Game of Thrones justified getting HBOMax for me.
Good point! With colder weather coming on, now is the perfect time...sign me up!

Old 09-25-2021, 07:29 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,240 times
We got $50 off an annual subscription with our AMEX credit card through their AMEX offers program.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:24 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Yes, that's like paying $40+ for just a couple of movies. And to expand on what I said, I was talking about the new releases that pop on then seem to just last a week or two. I never seem to have time to watch.
The "Same Day Premier" movies, those that premier on HBO Max the same day they are in theaters, are on HBO for a month. So for example, when Dune premiers on October 22, it will be on HBO until November 22. It might eventually come back to HBO after a few months. Wonder Woman 1985 was originally on HBO from December 25- January 25, but is not currently back on HBO to watch. It just depends on the distribution deals these movies have. But considering HBO is owned by WarnerMedia, there's a pretty good chance that these Warner Bros Pictures will be back on HBO after their initial run.

Old 09-25-2021, 02:12 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The "Same Day Premier" movies, those that premier on HBO Max the same day they are in theaters, are on HBO for a month. So for example, when Dune premiers on October 22, it will be on HBO until November 22. It might eventually come back to HBO after a few months. Wonder Woman 1985 was originally on HBO from December 25- January 25, but is not currently back on HBO to watch. It just depends on the distribution deals these movies have. But considering HBO is owned by WarnerMedia, there's a pretty good chance that these Warner Bros Pictures will be back on HBO after their initial run.

Thanks. Yes, I was exaggerating a little. I know new releases are on for longer than the 1 week I was saying, but when I combine my schedule, my other TV I'm regularly recording & watching, etc., by the time I look up, it says, "___ movie is ending in a couple of days."

If I had extra money, I'd sign up again this time for HBO Max, but I don't think I will this time.

Old 09-25-2021, 03:11 PM

2,494 posts, read 3,245,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I liked it when we all watched the same shows. We had "watercooler" talk the next day about our favorites. Kinda miss that.
We have HBO so MAX is free, but I had to get the Firestick to get MAX. My 4 year old TV just wouldnt do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies